Gun generator

By Baalkaedran, in Dark Heresy House Rules

Hey fellow DH players!
I was looking through the books and realized that ,mostly, you don't really get a chance to hae really cool ,customized weapons . I know that you can make your own weapons but the game doesn't really provide help with that. So ,I thought we could try making our own weapon generator in order to get customized weapons that still fit in the game without being too strong or too poor.
Let me know what you think of it ,and if you'd be willing to help.
Thank you,
B.Kaedran

Thanks for the post ,but it wasn't exactly what I meant. I was more thinking of a chart like the one for generating daemons or daemonic weapons.
B.Kaedran

ahh you were not more clear

My bad sorry!
So what I had in mind was something like this:
You choose what type of wepon (ranged or melee) and its class ( one-handed ,two-handed ,pistol…). Once you've done that you choose (or perhaps roll,but it would be annoying I think) if it's power ,primitive ,Sp etc…
Now this part is easy ,but here comes the rolling part. To each type/class/nature you assign a value for damage and range,wich will be rolled .
For example you could say that every weapon has a base damage of 1d5 ,and since it's a one-handed weapon you add another 1d5 ,for a total of 1d10. But also ,since it's a power melee weapon you add +5 to the base damage and obtain a total damage of 1d10+5 for said weapon.
Same thing for range.
Once the basic layout of the weapon is obtained ,you roll on different charts (always according to the type/class/nature of the weapon) and the weapon gains the rolle attributes. Also ,some natures (by nature I mean plasma ,primitive ,power …) have inherent attributes like power which gives the..Power attribute.
For example ,let's take the same power weapon of before , I roll on the chart and get the Balanced attribute. So we have a power weapon that deals 1d10+5 damage with the Balance and Power attributes.

Now ,obviously this is a rapid explanation of my idea which has not been fleshed out yet ,so don't take this as ground for debate and criticism. Of course constructive criticism is always accepted ,and your help too ,since I thought it could be useful for many GMs and the more people that worked on this ,the better it would be!

This Weapon Generator might help to provide players and GMs with many weapons that are adapted to their needs.I hope this is clearer than my previous posts.

B.Kaedran

So here is what I've come up with so far:

It's not final and it is not finished.

Weapon Generator

This generator is used to create original and customized weapons for PCs and NPCs alike. There are several steps to the creation a weapon.

1. Basic Layout

First of all, you must choose if the weapon is going to be a ranged or a hand-to-hand weapon.
Once this has been done you must choose what class it is.
For ranged weapons the classes are: Pistol, Basic, Heavy and Thrown ( note that Thrown can be used for a Melee weapon as well).
The classes for melee weapons are: One-handed, Two-Handed, Thrown (a melee weapon with the Thrown class can be used both as a ranged weapon and a hand-to-hand weapon. Ranged weapons of the Thrown class are not melee weapons though) and Small ( Small is a new weapon class)

Once the class has been chosen, the nature of the weapon must be determined.

The natures for ranged weapons are: Las, Solid Projectile, Bolt, Melta, Plasma, Flame, Primitive, Launchers, Grenades and Exotic.
The nature for melee weapons are: Primitive, Chain, Power and Shock.

Once class and nature have been determined the type of the weapon must be chosen.
Melee weapon types are divided in to categories:
_Size: The size of the weapon will change its abilities. The sizes are: Small, Short, Long, Great.
_Shape: The shape determines some of the abilities and damages of the weapon. The shapes are: Blade, Axe, Flail, Mace, Staff, and Shield.
These shapes are just guideline, a weapon’s actual shape might be different, a Staff could actually look more like a halberd etc…

I'll try to help, but I'll try to have options for randomizing weapons as well, for example adding a local special weapon to a hive could really give it some flavour.

It sounds interesting, but I think you need a slightly different approach, start looking at the standards and see what the base is, then start looking at the variants and weight them like 60% base, and the rest is the other kinds of damage, same with special qualities and so on and then have each thing count for "points" and you add the rough total together.

So damage dice is X points, Knives are cheaper, Swords More

Damage Type is X points, R is better than I, X is better than E, etc.

Extra damage is X points, Less damage is -X points (1d5+2 VS 1d5-1)

Same with Penetration and primitive

Then weapon special qualities, Primitive gives you point, losing it costs points, balanced is expensive

Then how many hands and what not, so a 1 handed sword costs more than a 2 handed staff

For exmaple, the Bolo Knife is about 1d10 level with no extra, so it would be 10, but it has 2d5 so about 10 thrones and then comes with mono (worth 40 thrones), so the final price is 50.

The combat knife is 1d5 base, so 5, but it has +3 on top, which is a lot of steady damage, but less maximum damage, so that would be higher than normal (in book it is 40)