Any new expansions on the way?

By NoItAll, in Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

Im realy itching for another expansion to this game, but i haven't heard anything for so long. Are they even making another expansion?

From what I can gather while browsing the Upcoming section I would say that a new expansion is not in the works at this time. A reprint of the base game is on it's way from the printer to FFGs warehouse, though. That menas that they expect it to keep selling which in turn makes the likelyhood of a future new expansion greater.

Plus, do not forget that Kevin left FFG some months ago. I wouldn't say his games won't be expanded any longer, but maybe some more time is required to re-address his games to different designers. Still, I hope they will expand further this game, it's brilliant and with a lot of potential!

Julia said:

Plus, do not forget that Kevin left FFG some months ago. I wouldn't say his games won't be expanded any longer, but maybe some more time is required to re-address his games to different designers. Still, I hope they will expand further this game, it's brilliant and with a lot of potential!

Ouch, hopefully that doesn't affect anything else. Finally played my third game last night (without the expansion) and I just keep loving this game more and more. Can't wait to dive into the expansion and play with more than two players.

The next designer/team to work on this series (if they plan to) should keep the same flow and add more fun elements!

I would also love to see another expansion …

It takes ages to build a civilization, therefore i can wait ages for another expansion.

I bought the Game today, the seller told me a New Expansion is on the way.(in english)

Kinda hope not because I haven't been able to buy the first expansion yet. Unemployment sucks…

Forgive me if that was a joke, but that's kind of a nasty sentiment to have: to wish nobody else could own a copy of something that you can't yet own.

Anyway, it has been confirmed and the new stuff looks great. I sincerely hope you can crawl out of the unemployment hole soon--and not just so that you can enjoy this new expansion.