Problem about Monument Scenario

By bugmenot2, in Rune Age

I have problems playing the Monument Scenario, because the events "A change of season" and, above all, "Hoarding Dragon":

1. "A change of season" has an effect only the first time you draw it; in fact if you draw it after have re-shuffled 2-gems events, players are alredy playing counter-clockwise!

2. the "Hoarding Dragon" seems to make the game last forever, because it makes you destroy 3-gold and reward cards again and again (since you re-draw that event, after have shuffled the 2-gems event cards) so that it's difficult to have enough gold to buy the monument. It happens that every time I get a reward, I have immediatly to destroy it because of the "Hoarding Dragon"!

Maybe I make some mistakes playing, but, if I don't, how to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance

Hording Dragon Instant - You do what it tells you to do if able. If you don't have a 3-gold card or a Reward in play, then the card's effect doesn't apply to you.

Hording Dragon - "Each player chooses one of the following. He must chose an option that he can fully resolve (if able)" 1) Destroy 1 "3-Gold Card" from his hand. 2) Destroy 1 Reward card he/she controls.

When Change of Seasons Instant comes into play, players resolve turns in counter-clockwise order. If it is played for the second time, just switch back to clockwise order. Flop between counter-clockwise and clockwise each time this instant is played from the scenario deck.

A change of Seasons - "For the rest of the game, players resolve turns in counter-colockwise order. (The Player to the right of the first player will resolve the next turn of the game)"

Best thing to do while playing is invest into strongholds and start buying 2-gold cards immediately. Buy up all your 1 gold cost units in your Barracks as soon as possible to help with attacks and shuffling of your deck. Try to go for cities early in the game if you have enough 1 gold and 2 gold units in your hand. Don't saturate your deck with 1 gold cards, they will slow you down more than anything. The more strongholds/cities you have the better chance of getting enough influence up to purchase 3 gold cards & 2-gold cards . :)

bugmenot2 said:

I have problems playing the Monument Scenario, because the events "A change of season" and, above all, "Hoarding Dragon":

1. "A change of season" has an effect only the first time you draw it; in fact if you draw it after have re-shuffled 2-gems events, players are alredy playing counter-clockwise!

2. the "Hoarding Dragon" seems to make the game last forever, because it makes you destroy 3-gold and reward cards again and again (since you re-draw that event, after have shuffled the 2-gems event cards) so that it's difficult to have enough gold to buy the monument. It happens that every time I get a reward, I have immediatly to destroy it because of the "Hoarding Dragon"!

Maybe I make some mistakes playing, but, if I don't, how to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance

Thanks, I agee with you!

However, I think that the card "A change of season" is not well explained!

Then, I think that another important tactic is to get rewards and rather discard 3-gold cards when the "Hoarding Dragon" comes. In fact, if you have enough influence ensured, it's not a problem to re-buy 3-gold cards you have just discarded!