Deployment Zone for Three player maps

By cloner4000, in Dust Tactics

Hi, so Me and my friends are trying to play a three player games with all three armies.

However, we aren't sure what is a good place to label the deployment zone or if any type of configuration for map size (square or rectangle) is good.

I was wondering if any of you guys have any thought on this?

Thanks

Rectangle. Player A with 50% more points starts in the middle in a good defensive area, lots of cover and buildings. Player B & C start at either of the rectangle ends with little cover. Player A holds several objectives that the others must capture by being on them on turn 8, Whoever hold the most objectives at the end of turn 8 is the winner.

Major Mishap said:

Rectangle. Player A with 50% more points starts in the middle in a good defensive area, lots of cover and buildings. Player B & C start at either of the rectangle ends with little cover. Player A holds several objectives that the others must capture by being on them on turn 8, Whoever hold the most objectives at the end of turn 8 is the winner.

Nice! Love the idea. Similar to what is in the Warfare book when creating maps and missions.

Could make some intense games!

Major Mishap said:

Yeah, I like this idea a lot. Someone always gets pinched in three player games, and then they get dogpiled. This way, someone starts out pinched, but they have a point advantage.

It's sort of like a two-player game with NPCs controlling the board. Only the NPCs are controlled by a 3rd player.

We tried a setup like this, but din't really get too far into the game because someone had to leave in the middle of turn 3, so I can't how well it would have worked for a whole game but things seemed to start ok.

Each army was 200 points and had a 2 x 3 deployment zone. Axis at one corner, Aliied, in another and the SSU at the center of the opposing long side.

12 Squares

Axis___________________Allies
| |
| |
| | 9 Squares
| |
| |
|___________SSU___________|

I suppose you can scale this up for bigger maps and larger armies.

Miah999 said:

We tried a setup like this, but din't really get too far into the game because someone had to leave in the middle of turn 3, so I can't how well it would have worked for a whole game but things seemed to start ok.

Each army was 200 points and had a 2 x 3 deployment zone. Axis at one corner, Aliied, in another and the SSU at the center of the opposing long side.

12 Squares

Axis___________________Allies
| |
| |
| | 9 Squares
| |
| |
|___________SSU___________|

I suppose you can scale this up for bigger maps and larger armies.

What was the game objective you used?

I've played a similar "King of the Hill" setup in AT-43 with the hill in the middle of the table, and Victory Points awarded at the end of each round for the army in possession of it. Once the carnage began, though, the focus would shift to the army deemed the greatest threat and they'd start to get hammered.

I'd be curious to learn how your games turn out, since there are often three of us that gather to play.