equipment cards

By Swordsman_Joe, in Rules Discussions

what are the rules on equipment cards.

can a character have more than one?

i was told a character keeps the equipment if he is leveled up, is this true?

If the character is leveled, the equipment is discarded since you discard the lower level to play a higher level.

Each character can have ONE epuipment at any given time.

I think that pretty much covers it...

the equipment rules are on the KHCCG Support page.

are u sure jerry? cuz i REALLY dont feel like looking at the rules myself

Ill check... gimme 5 minutes.

Yup, Im positive

Like i said, you discard the previous friend to play the new one, therfore the equip is discarded with the old friend.

swordsman joe are u security guard joe?

Extention of question:

The rules do NOT state that only one Equipment card can go on a Friend card, only that you cannot have two of the same Equipment card on a Friend card at the same time. So, could you have a Magic Lamp and a Magic Carpet on your Aladdin?

As far as i know, the anser is No to that, but since i am not an official, i cannot say so...

If you think of it, you could play Donald lvl 1, equip it with morning staff or whatever one gives him +1 MP along with Lord fortune, and he can cast everything except for Stopga. That would be way to broken in my opinion.

Comprehensive guide says, "no." But it doesn't address this spescifically, so I'll wait for a direct answer.

how would a level one character being able to cast stopga be broken? on a related note, discarding worlds for stopga is a cost right?

Swordsman_Joe said:

how would a level one character being able to cast stopga be broken? on a related note, discarding worlds for stopga is a cost right?

Stopga was just an example.

You could play all lvl 4 Magic friends and pretty much play any card in the game.

Turn 1 DD lvl 1, equip with those 2, play any lvl 4 friend, play sephy, cloud, leon, al 4, fetch ginie 4, repeat bambis or even play simbas.

If this is the case, Moogle and King Triton just became useless to me...

Thirroxin said:

Yup, Im positive

Like i said, you discard the previous friend to play the new one, therfore the equip is discarded with the old friend.

Positive, huh?

The equipment card rules are here...

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/kingdomhearts/media/KH-Equipment-Rules.pdf

It clearly says, "*You can keep Equipment Cards in play, even after
Friend Cards of the same name are played. For example,
if you have a Level 1 Donald Duck in play with
Warhammer attached and play Level 2 Donald Duck, the
Level 1 Donald Duck card would be discarded, but the
Warhammer would not."

555 said:

Thirroxin said:

Yup, Im positive

Positive, huh?

The equipment card rules are here...

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/kingdomhearts/media/KH-Equipment-Rules.pdf

It clearly says, "*You can keep Equipment Cards in play, even after
Friend Cards of the same name are played. For example,
if you have a Level 1 Donald Duck in play with
Warhammer attached and play Level 2 Donald Duck, the
Level 1 Donald Duck card would be discarded, but the
Warhammer would not."

ALRIGHT!!!!

NEW STICKY FOR RULES THREAD!!!!!!

When Friend Cards are discarded, Equipment Cards
attached to the Friend Cards are also discarded. Player
Card and Friend Cards can equip only one Equipment Card at a time.

Lol, i stopped reading at that point. I guess i just assumed, oh well.

Huh... oh well... maybe lord fortune and magic lamp can make an appearance now!!! gui%C3%B1o.gif *ponders*

Either eay we obviously need some higher ups help, WayToTheDawn, Lawliet! HELP!!!!!