Shouldn't the Beta forums close now that the Star Wars RPG has hit the stores?

By Stormtrooper721, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beta

Shouldn't these forums close now that the Star Wars RPG has hit the stores? It's kind of confusing to have two forums on one website for one game.

Strictly speaking the Star Wars RPG has not hit the stores. The beginner game is not the "real deal" - it's a simplified introduction version. In the beginner box there is no rules for creating new characters for instance. Also there is a piece of paper with an advert about the RPG coming spring 2013. So I think there might continue to be two different forums for a while yet.

I guess eventually these forums will close down, although I hope they keep or archive (some) the threads here, because there are some good ideas still floating about to tweak for personal and group preferences that might not be in the game.

When and if they close this forum, I'm hoping they merge it into an archive thread inside the release forum. I wouldn't want to lose all of the discussion here.

Could they not just rename this forum and remove the "Beta" tag?

I would be for a rename or a new forum pending the release of the Core since Beta is over. I just think it would be horrible to lose everything already posted here.

and you evil mosnter for suggesting it

Sturn said:

When and if they close this forum, I'm hoping they merge it into an archive thread inside the release forum. I wouldn't want to lose all of the discussion here.

Could they not just rename this forum and remove the "Beta" tag?

I would be for a rename or a new forum pending the release of the Core since Beta is over. I just think it would be horrible to lose everything already posted here.

Given what happened with Only War I suspect that isn't going to happen. They will simply start up a brand new forum and we will all need to start from scratch, through there is nothing stopping us from posting links to threads here.

E