Two Massing at Osgiliath questions: Pelennor Fields and Ranger of Ithilien

By leptokurt, in The Lord of the Rings - Print on Demand

I'm not sure if I played this correctly:

1) When there are 2 Pelennor Fields in the staging area during stage 4B and I decide to travel to one of them, do I have to raise my threat by 3 for not travelling to the other one? I guess I have to because they trigger their effects simultaniously?

2) During stage 3B, what happens if you didn't commit anyone to the quest and you draw Ranger of Ithilien from the encounter deck? I guess I am not allowed to commit him to the quest because the quest cards forbids that, but I can still exhaust him to take control of him? Or can he enter the game commited to the quest because it's not me who commits him, but a card mechanic?

leptokurt said:

I'm not sure if I played this correctly:

1) When there are 2 Pelennor Fields in the staging area during stage 4B and I decide to travel to one of them, do I have to raise my threat by 3 for not travelling to the other one? I guess I have to because they trigger their effects simultaniously?

2) During stage 3B, what happens if you didn't commit anyone to the quest and you draw Ranger of Ithilien from the encounter deck? I guess I am not allowed to commit him to the quest because the quest cards forbids that, but I can still exhaust him to take control of him? Or can he enter the game commited to the quest because it's not me who commits him, but a card mechanic?

1) yes

2) He enters play already committed to quest. The quest card was referring to players' option to commit characters to quest.