What will be a dice "Set"?

By Tensen01, in General Discussion

Okay, has FF said yet what a dice "Set" will consist of when they're available? Because it seems like it would only be one of each color of dice for the price they mentioned… If that's the case that sucks.

A friend just got the box and we did a quick little run through and even with the 14 dice there were some skills that require more of a single color than they gave you. If the "Set" only does one of each color they are ripping you off royaly. That would basically require at least 3-4 SETS at the table that people would have to share just to play. And even if you bought your own "Set" you wouldn't have enough dice to play your own character, thus having to buy at least two sets(if it is indeed 14 dice) upwards of 3-4(if it's only 7 dice) if you wanted your own dice. And at the quoted $14.99 that is just insane.

The more I see and use them the more like a pointless money grab they feel.

The beginner box shows…

3 green
2 yellow
2 blue
3 purple
1 red
2 black
1 white

The Sticker Sheet shows the same.

I suspect strongly the "dice set" will be the same mix.

And my experience is 2 of those will be needed for my comfort as a GM.

I'm confused as to why you are complaining at your own speculations. Mostly though I'm wondering where you picked up that the dice set will only be 7 dice in total. Because that's just silliness.

And see, the more I see and use the dice, the more awesome they feel and the more enjoyment I get out of them. They aren't pointless and they aren't a money grab. FFG has taken strides to give players access to the system with or without the dice: printable sticker sheets, conversion charts for regular dice, the dice roller apps. Heck there's even homebrewd sticker sheets and dice rollers for the PC that I can point you towards if you're having trouble finding them.

And if you want those 14 high-quality dice with beautifully designed symbols, they're available for a little over $1/die. Not too shabby for custom dice.