Infinite Gold???

By Game of Pwns, in A Game of Thrones LCG

Am I crazy or does a Lannister or Baratheon alliance + A Fist Full of Coppers + Sister of Truth = infinite gold in the marshalling phase? Is this a legal move?

Yes I am aware there are no Lannister or Baratheon treaties. This is just a pondering, if they every do happen.

Walk me through how you think these two cards combo in any way, especially to give infinite gold. I'm not seeing it at all.

Ok. So I did some more work on the combo, & it's definantly not infinite, but rather just a good gold farming combo. All of this opperates on the hypothetical that there was a Alliance with the Stag or Lion agenda, so keep that in mind.

Here's how it works:

• Reveal three "A Fist Full of Coppers" in a row to gain 6 gold .
  • Then reveal two "Sister of Truth" to put back into shaddows two FFoCs. That puts you at 4 gold
  • Reveal the third SoT to put back into shaddows one of the revealed SoT. 3 gold
  • That leaves you with 3 gold, & two FFoCs in shaddows, & one sister of truth in shaddows
  • Reveal the 2 FFoCs to gain 7 gold .
  • Reveal a SoT again to put into shaddows a FFoC. 6 gold
  • Finally, reveal a FFoC to gain 8 gold.

With 8 gold you can marshall out quite a large army, or a number of nice cards. Even if a few of these cards are out and not all 6, it's still could serve as a nice gold farm. I use this combo in a "City of Shaddows" agenda to gain a half as much gold, buts till it helps.

Game of Pwns said:

Ok. So I did some more work on the combo, & it's definantly not infinite, but rather just a good gold farming combo. All of this opperates on the hypothetical that there was a Alliance with the Stag or Lion agenda, so keep that in mind.

Here's how it works:

• Reveal three "A Fist Full of Coppers" in a row to gain 6 gold .
  • Then reveal two "Sister of Truth" to put back into shaddows two FFoCs. That puts you at 4 gold
  • Reveal the third SoT to put back into shaddows one of the revealed SoT. 3 gold
  • That leaves you with 3 gold, & two FFoCs in shaddows, & one sister of truth in shaddows
  • Reveal the 2 FFoCs to gain 7 gold .
  • Reveal a SoT again to put into shaddows a FFoC. 6 gold
  • Finally, reveal a FFoC to gain 8 gold.

With 8 gold you can marshall out quite a large army, or a number of nice cards. Even if a few of these cards are out and not all 6, it's still could serve as a nice gold farm. I use this combo in a "City of Shaddows" agenda to gain a half as much gold, buts till it helps.

1. After you resolve each FFoC event, it will be put in the discard pile before you can bring a Sister of Truth out of Shadows. Since the event card is in the discard pile, it is not "in play" and therefore cannot be returned to Shadows by Sister of Truth.
  2. You are only allowed to bring one (as in "a single") card out of Shadows at the beginning of each phase, anyway.

The main part, really, is #2. You're going to want to look at the rules for bringing cards out of Shadows again. You're looking for is this:

"Each player has one chance to bring a card out of Shadows each phase."

You're right. After I posted my friend reviewed the shaddow rules. That puts and end to that idea. haha.