Edison's America's Favorite Son

By PsychoWolf, in Tannhauser

Hey there,

I've a question regarding Edison's America's Favorite Son:

If Edison uses this ability and the Trooper does not share a path with the attacker afterwards or is out of range for out-of-path-attacks, does this cancel the attack? So allows this abilty Edison to cancel an attack if the attacker could not target the chosen trooper?

The rules are not clear in this point, I think, but while there is no contrary statement in the rules, it should be possible. Or does the attacker regardless of LOS and range attack the trooper?

Thanks for your opinions.

Wow! That's a situation I have never even thought of because I have only played Edison using his Stamina pack. But you are right of course: Depending on the position of Edison and his attacker, you can place a trooper on a legal circle where he can't be the target of the attacker. If that would cancel the attack, the ability would be even more powerful than it appeared to be at first glance.

But you could argue that the attack won't be canceled because the ability states: "The trooper becomes the target of the attack." So maybe the trooper automatically becomes the target, even if he would be an illegal target normaly. i suppose the rules really aren't as clear as they should be, but they don't state anything about the possibility of the attack being canceled. I would suggest making the trooper a legal target even if he wasn't one to begin with, just to avoid making the ability even more powerful than it already is. But that's just my suggestion, the rules aren't clear on this point.

I agree, after all the spirit of the ability is a soldier jumping to act as a human shield like a bodyguard…