Play Report From Buffalo

By player1540319, in X-Wing Battle Reports

Jester Cap in Buffalo held the event Sat. We had 6 players, my 2 sons and myself, 2 other local guys, Jon and John and Mark crossed the ditch from Canada. It seemed everyone had a good time playing. My son and I were both undefeated and made it to the finals, so we were able to take home Falcon and Slave 1. Mark finished 3rd grabbing the Interceptor and Jon (I think, not John) took home the A-wing. The other 2 ships were auctioned off if you bought one of the wave 1 ships from the shop. Luke and I will play the finals at home some time this week.

I ran Wedge- R2F2 and swarm

2 Rookies

Gold Leader with Ion (the MVP IMO)

Luke ran the 6 named Ties swarm and determ.

Round 1- I played one of the Johns. He ran Vader and Steele with Clusters and Marksmanship along with 2 other ties. I missed judge the R2F2 and wedge went down in the first pass. I thought I was done for but Steele was down to 1 hull left and I did take a Tie out with the other ships I had left. He made a critical error flying Vader and was not able to get him in any action for the next 2 rounds. That gave me enough time to take down Steele and another ship. It was close to the end but I was able to come out with a 3 pt win.

Round 2- Played the other John with Garv, Biggs and Dutch. They were all loaded with Protons. His mistake was not having ion on his y-wing, but heck thats way we play these, to learn what works and does not. After a few passes I was able to take his x wings out without losing any ships. I got a 5 pt win.

Round 3-Played my son Luke with his 6 tie fighters. He put them into a formation of 4 in the front and 2 in the back and flew them up the right side of the map. I met him head on with 2 rookies and flew in from the side with wedge and y wing. Took out a few ships in 3rd round. He had a few collisions with asteroids that kept him from attacking. The firepower off 3 Ties and ions was no match for the swarm.

Everyone seemed to have a good time and we met some good guys.

Congrats to Team Cook!

Way to go guys. Some sweet family game night action at your house these days.

Thanks Don, I tried to get the boys to sell one on ebay but they did not want any part of it.

chris cook said:

Jester Cap in Buffalo held the event Sat. We had 6 players, my 2 sons and myself, 2 other local guys, Jon and John and Mark crossed the ditch from Canada. It seemed everyone had a good time playing. My son and I were both undefeated and made it to the finals, so we were able to take home Falcon and Slave 1. Mark finished 3rd grabbing the Interceptor and Jon (I think, not John) took home the A-wing. The other 2 ships were auctioned off if you bought one of the wave 1 ships from the shop. Luke and I will play the finals at home some time this week.

I ran Wedge- R2F2 and swarm

2 Rookies

Gold Leader with Ion (the MVP IMO)

Luke ran the 6 named Ties swarm and determ.

Round 1- I played one of the Johns. He ran Vader and Steele with Clusters and Marksmanship along with 2 other ties. I missed judge the R2F2 and wedge went down in the first pass. I thought I was done for but Steele was down to 1 hull left and I did take a Tie out with the other ships I had left. He made a critical error flying Vader and was not able to get him in any action for the next 2 rounds. That gave me enough time to take down Steele and another ship. It was close to the end but I was able to come out with a 3 pt win.

Round 2- Played the other John with Garv, Biggs and Dutch. They were all loaded with Protons. His mistake was not having ion on his y-wing, but heck thats way we play these, to learn what works and does not. After a few passes I was able to take his x wings out without losing any ships. I got a 5 pt win.

Round 3-Played my son Luke with his 6 tie fighters. He put them into a formation of 4 in the front and 2 in the back and flew them up the right side of the map. I met him head on with 2 rookies and flew in from the side with wedge and y wing. Took out a few ships in 3rd round. He had a few collisions with asteroids that kept him from attacking. The firepower off 3 Ties and ions was no match for the swarm.

Everyone seemed to have a good time and we met some good guys.

i like ur rebel build. its stock standard now in a 4 ship rebel squad to run a y-wing with 2 rookie x-wing pilots and a name pilot (luke or wedge). swarm on wedge is strong as he and one nearby ship shoot b4 everyone xcept vader. after a little practice w a Y-Wing i agree ot can certainly b ur mvp, its 360 firing arc with the ion is very handy against them speedy ties :)