Sniper Rifle, Hidden Blade, Enchanted Crossbow and Demon Sword

By Guest, in Fan Creations

222222.png

The flavor for the instant kill on a 1 in sniper rifle is that it's a headshot :)

Nice bits, though the sniper rifle seems a bit powerful.

Thx, any maybe you're right. It needs playtesting.

Here's another one:

armageddonfrontside.png

Hadanelith said:

Plus I don't get it? Repeat this process, one, two, ... times? Also I would try to condense the wording and not use 'die' but 'collected as a trophy.'

Also the geddon spell draw Mythos cards and what?

MrsGamura said:

Hadanelith said:

Plus I don't get it? Repeat this process, one, two, ... times? Also I would try to condense the wording and not use 'die' but 'collected as a trophy.'

Also the geddon spell draw Mythos cards and what?

1. You can repeat the process (meaning rolling a die) until the monster dies or until you fail a roll.

2. You draw mythos cards to determine the locations beings destroyed by the rubble markers.

Armageddon - Who honestly is going to destroy half of Arkham, raise the Terror Track to 10, close all the shops and get everyone devoured, just to clear the streets and Outskirts of monsters?

Sniper Rifle - For starters, make the instant head shot on a 6, not a 1, giving another number with which to fail the roll. I'd also suggest taking away the "you may repeat the process" bit. No sniper is gonna fire full-auto, one shot and one shot only, if you can't do the job in that you aren't a very good sniper.

Good ideas on the sniper rifle thorgrim! I'm gonna use them!

I think the sniper rifle is a great idea and agree with Thorgrim's suggestions 100% . Exhaust to use.

thorgrim said:

Armageddon - Who honestly is going to destroy half of Arkham, raise the Terror Track to 10, close all the shops and get everyone devoured, just to clear the streets and Outskirts of monsters?

No one. The only reason you'd want to clear the Outskirts of Monsters is to try to keep the Terror track from getting to 10. So no one is going to set the Terror Track to 10 to get rid of those monsters.

But I would go get Visions and sell that bad boy for Clues.

-Frank

A few suggestions to help balance the sniper rifle and add a bit of spice to the dice rolls.

On a failure the monster moves to your location and SURPRISES you (as in COTDP so no chance to escape combat first round)

Also, as the now enraged monster hunts your arse down increase either its horror or combat rating by 1.

Physically resistant monsters immune to head shots, it taking 2 shots or a 6 to reduce their toughness by 1.