Default Energy/Waterbolt

By Wakrob, in Wiz-War

The rules are not clear. Do all spells have an Energy of 1 unless showing a higher value? I cant believe the rules dont state this in an obvious fashion somwhere.

Can Waterbolt go around corners like Featherweight? If you 'Knockback' yourself for 3 movement but there is only 2 squares of straight line to use do you take 1 damage for the remaining movement that bumps into a wall?

Wakrob said:

The rules are not clear. Do all spells have an Energy of 1 unless showing a higher value? I cant believe the rules dont state this in an obvious fashion somwhere.

In P.11 of the rulebook, under "Boosting Spells":

"Normally, a spell’s energy is “1.” However, when a player casts
a spell, he may also discard one energy card to fuel the spell,
which replaces that spell’s energy"

I think this is obvious and clear enough.

"All Spells have a energy of 1 unless printed with another number or replaced by a discarded energy card"

That would be obvious. The statement you quoted (which I saw), implies there are some spells that have 1 energy, and might be printed as such…which I cant be sure unless I looked at every card ahead of time, which I didnt to keep some mystery to the game and keep it fun.

So…Ill just go with I win.

All spell have a base energy of 1, if the card have a energy value printed on it you can use the card either as a spell or as an energy card to boost something. You cannot boost an spell with the energy on its card because you cannot use it in both ways at the same time.

The knock back of the waterbolt don´t deals any damage or can go around corners (Otherwise it would specified on the card)