If slugthrowers had one more hard point…

By Thebearisdriving, in Game Mechanics

Would it do anything to make the game unbalanced?

I find Slug throwers are really weak, and while I'm good with that, the lack of hard points kinda flies in the face of what can be done to mod a gun today.

Does increasing slug thrower hard points invalidate any other weapons that I'm not seeing?

Regarding slugthrowers, they almost seem to be more along the lines of pre-World War firearms, having the abiltiy to hold more rounds than a musket or flintlock firearm as well as cased ammo, but not much beyond that.

So it does make a some degree fo sense that you couldn't do as much with a slugthrower in terms of modification in EotE as you could with a far more modern weapon such as a blaster.

That said, if you want to increase their Hard Points by one for your own game, I don't see that as being potentially game-breaking, beyond the fact that slugthrowers are incredibly cheap to procure, and this might allow PCs to buy one or more upgrades that they might otherwise not be able to afford.

i would say the game is pen and paper and your house rules can differ group to group which is why alot of people play these types of games.

Tassedar said:

i would say the game is pen and paper and your house rules can differ group to group which is why alot of people play these types of games.

Yes, of course, but there are always unforeseen outcomes that can occur from simple rule changes.

Thanks for the input RD. I actually enjoy slug throwers in Star Wars, Made a few characters in Saga that used them for flavor.

They have to be inferior to blasters, but I like the idea of basic weapons having more flavor than "they suck."

If I find something that makes this option "unbalanced" I'll let you know. If you care. :)

i tend to take in game items and add rareity to them so say you kill a big brut guy in a gangster organization he has access to alot of weapons and armor that normaly would be hard to get and therefore he has a weapons with 1 extra hardpoint or is modded with a few things already that make it rare like a sniper rifle with a gernade launcher attached to it for example :D