power drain

By PearlJamaholic, in CoC Rules Discussion

im unsure whether power drain can be used on forced responses. ive always assumed it could, but it does say an action or response, just played. i know the old errata was triggered. but still does forced response count as a respone cause its kinda its own thing. if it said a response effect, i wouldnt be so unclear.

For me you can't use it on a Forced Response.

The text in bold are only Response and Action , you can cancel only these two triggered effects and not the other ones (Disrupt and Forced Response).

Dadajef said:

For me you can't use it on a Forced Response.

The text in bold are only Response and Action , you can cancel only these two triggered effects and not the other ones (Disrupt and Forced Response).

thats why i asked cause the old card didnt use the bold text, then it was errata for action or response triggered. if forced response is a sub class of responses, i guess power drain would still work. forced responses are kinda an odd bunch.

Good question.

This was an issue for me recently when I decided that Hastur would represent my

main faction in the Adventure League senario 'Heads of Fate'. I would like to say that

it cancels Forced Responses as well but I must however come to the conclusion that

the card has changed and has become more specific in it's wording with the intention

of excluding Forced Responses. sad.gif