If you could design a card

By COCLCG, in CoC General Discussion

I was pondering what kind of card I would create if I ever had the chance to participate in a tournament that granted you the design rights ( and managed to win ). I think this is what I would create :

NEUTRAL

-INSERT NAME-

Bringer of the Light

COST: 3

ICONS: CAA

SUBTYPE: Independent

KEYWORDS: Willpower

TEXT:

Day . It is Day . After ( name ) comes into play, destroy all Night cards.

Disrupt : Exhaust ( name ) to cancel an Ancient Ones triggered effect.

Or something to this effect, now that Ancients are more accessible than ever and the ratio of Day to Night characters is way out of balance. Has anyone else mused on what their idea might be ??

POST TO FORCE EDIT ABOVE

Or, on a light hearted scale :

NEUTRAL

-INSERT NAME-

The Demonic Monkey

COST: 2

ICONS: T

SUBTYPE: Creature

TEXT:

Action : Attach ( name ) to a non Ancient One Character. Attached Character gets -2 skill and cannot trigger its effects.

Action : Pay 1 to move ( name ) to a different Character.

Hee Hee Hee. Cheeky Monkey !!

A Hastur card with the Attachment and Relic trait:

"Erich Zann's Violin"

Art depicts a strange violin carved from some nameless thing's bone. For the effect? No clue yet, haha.

That monkey card is awesome lol

Yes. Well. Haha. The variant would be ( or the imaginary second title ) :

NEUTRAL

-INSERT NAME-

Demonic Monkey Horde

ICONS: TT

SUBTYPE: Creature

TEXT:

Action : Attach ( name ) to a Location. Attached Location is considered to have a blank text box.

Action : Pay 1 to move ( name ) to a different Location.

badash56 said:

"Erich Zann's Violin"

Art depicts a strange violin carved from some nameless thing's bone. For the effect? No clue yet, haha.

badash56 said:

"Erich Zann's Violin"

How about: " Action: When attached character is participating at a story, kneel Erich Zann's Violin to choose a character. Remove willpower and all [terror] icons from that character until the end of the phase."

Here's mine:

Silver Twilight [Yog-Sothoth steadfast]

* Shining Trapezohedron , "Crazy Angled Stone"

Cost 2 Support

Relic. Item.

Action: Sacrifice all non- Ancient One characters you control (minimum of 1) and sacrifice Shining Trapezohedron to search the top 7 cards of your deck for an Ancient-One character and put it into play. Then, discard the cards not put into play. If that character is still in play at the end this phase, shuffle it back into its owner's deck.

When Shining Trapezohedron leaves play, shuffle it into its owner's deck.

}:-)

badash56 said:

"Erich Zann's Violin"

My first thought was :

Attached Character gains the artist subtype. All artists in play gain ( whatever ). But there'd need to be more artists in the Hastur expansion.

I would love to see something resembling Fog from MtG.

Agency (2 cost)

Smoke Bomb

Event

Play during a story phase.

Action: No icon struggles take place until the end of the phase.

Hey AGoT DC Meta: Great idea for Erich Zann's Violin !

Smoke Bomb is also a good one.

Dark Initiate said:

Hey AGoT DC Meta: Great idea for Erich Zann's Violin !

Smoke Bomb is also a good one.

What, no love for Shining Trapezohedron? Maybe I should make it neutral. ;)

Don't worry Danigral. No love for da monkey either. Well. Da monkey don't love you neither !! Haha.

I think the Crazy Angled Stone is kinda…. crazy ( in a good way ) and belongs attached to Yog in some way.

Another YOG card could be :

FUNGI FROM YUGGOTH

Odorous Mushrooms

COST: 1

TYPE: Support

SUBTYPE: Attachment

Attach Fungi from Yuggoth to a Story card. Characters committed to this Story lose all Investigation icons.

Of course all of these I mentioned would be Uniques.

I haven't thought about it much, but I'd like to see another card capable of destroying resources. So far, there's only 'Torch the Joint' (Agency) and 'Desertification' (Shub).

Another card I'd love to see would be similar to 'Spell-bound Shoggoth', i.e. reducing the skill of all characters in play (or maybe even only the opponent's?).

I'd put both cards in the Syndicate faction because they need all the help they can get burla

I'd like to do a Silver Twilight card of some kind, not yet sure what it would be. Although, Syndicate would be pretty cool too.

Syndicate

* Meeting of the Families

Cost 3 Event

Action: Sacrifice X characters to put X (syndicate) characters into play from your hand and/or discard pile.

COCLCG said:

Don't worry Danigral. No love for da monkey either. Well. Da monkey don't love you neither !! Haha.

I think the Crazy Angled Stone is kinda…. crazy ( in a good way ) and belongs attached to Yog in some way.

These boards are pretty dead without COCLCG in here all the time. :P

The monkey is cool. Made me think that Hastur needs an "Organ Grinder" character.

COCLCG said:

Another YOG card could be :

FUNGI FROM YUGGOTH

Odorous Mushrooms

SUBTYPE: Attachment

Attach Fungi from Yuggoth to a Story card. Characters committed to this Story lose all Investigation icons.

Of course all of these I mentioned would be Uniques.

Again, this makes me think that Shub should have a Mi-Go conspiracy. "Your Mi-Go characters committed to this story gain [T] [C] [A] and fast."

Hastur

Unstable Puppeteer

No strings attached

Skill: 1

ICONS: C

SUBTYPE: Lunatic, Artist

TEXT:

After characters are committed to stories, drive Unstable Puppeteer insane to choose the order in which stories are resolved.

Man. Theres some really good ideas folks. I like your style. One came to me last night as I was fiddling with decks and lamenting the ubiquitous Mom / Black Dog:

- AGENCY -

HALLOWED GROUND

Consecrated Rites

TYPE: Event

Choose a Story. Characters that enter play this phase may not be committed to this Story.

The wording would have to dead on like this to include Black Dog as well.

Loving all of these idea so far. I am going to take a crack at a Yog card.

-YOG-SOTHOTH-

STAR-WINDS

Heeding geometries of outer space,

COST: 4

SUBTYPE: Disaster

Each player choses a Domain they controll; then each player returns all resources attached to their other Domains to their hands.

Kinda weird and possibly wacky, but definately a yog card if yog were to screw with resources on a mass scale….imo. :P

nice !!

- NEUTRAL-

THE VEIL IS THIN

Action: Put into play an Ancient one from your hand. Until the end of the phase it is considered to have a blank text box. If at the end of the phase it is still in play, put it back on top of your deck.

Cheesus! Well here is something to follow up this dastardly event!

-NEUTRAL-

NYXLVA

The ambiguous and noxious god.

TYPE: Character

SUBTYPE: Ancient One

ICONS: TTAA

SKILL: 4

Forced Response: When Nyxlva enters play chose one non-Ancient One character each of your opponents control, all of the chosen characters lose their keywords and icons untill end of phase.

Special Features: Unique, Transient Resource.

Special note about this character, this character (Lesser god) is one of my own creation and is the central antagonist in a few of my short stories that have yet to be published. The main reason why I have not published them yet is they need to be edited some as I wrote them when I was in my early teens and they are burried in un-oppened boxes in the depths of my closet as well.

Scoezilla said:

Loving all of these idea so far. I am going to take a crack at a Yog card.

-YOG-SOTHOTH-

STAR-WINDS

Heeding geometries of outer space,

SUBTYPE: Disaster

Each player choses a Domain they controll; then each player returns all resources attached to their other Domains to their hands.

Kinda weird and possibly wacky, but definately a yog card if yog were to screw with resources on a mass scale….imo. :P

I kinda love this.

^____^

Yeah ever since I started playing CoC LCG, which was less than 6 months ago, I thought that yog should have some kind of resource meddling like this. It could make for some very interesting plays if it were an actual card. Also I just finished re-reading the Fungi from Yuggoth poem and "Star-Winds" is one of my favorite stanzas within the poem.

No love for Nyxlva though? Oh well that doesn't suprize me as he is technically not a mythos god…..aaaaaannnnndd I will admit that it is a slightly under costed for it's abbilities. Perhaps bumping the cost and skill to 5 or 6 will make Nyxlva seem more balanced for his effects/features?

Here is another strange one I thought of earlier.

-SILVER TWILIGHT-

Lodge Asylum (Heh unimaginative name I know)

SUBTYPE: Location

Response: Whenever a non-ancient one character is made to go insane, restore that character and return it to it's owners hand.

Special Features: Steadfast; Hastur x2

I really like Bringer of the Light. I think getting more day/night cards, dreamlands supports and dreamlands reprint would be really fun. Also there are some night cards but not many day cards in the pool.

With current amount of cost reduction and domainn speedup it would be nice to see some cards that hate hi-cost stuff like.

Unstable Power

Neutral event cost 1

Choose a character, its owner discard X cards from the top of his deck.

X is equlal to two times chosen characters cost minus 2.

This it too much

Agency event cost 2

Choose and sacrifice a character to have each player sacrifice all characters with the higher cost than sacrificed character.

A sacrifice for each character can be cancelled by draining a domain or discarding a card from hand.

Corrupted power

Agency cost 3

Choose a player. Count tha number of resources chosen player has under his domains and substract your number of resources. Chosen player has to sacrifice that many characters or discard his hand (if there are at least 2 cards in his hand).