Two stupid questions

By Mozal, in Fury Of Dracula

Hi everybody!
I really enjoy this game, but I have some questions about the official rules:

1. A hunter MUST draw cards in its turn if able, or can he do nothing? Can you "pass" after moving?
Because, if you are in a small city you can think that it's a bad idea giving event cards to Dracula if he's too powerfull.

2. Where do you have to put the time counter at the begining of the game? I supossed that it's in the "dawn" place, but I never found it in the rules.

Thanks very much!!

Mozal said:

Hi everybody!
I really enjoy this game, but I have some questions about the official rules:

1. A hunter MUST draw cards in its turn if able, or can he do nothing? Can you "pass" after moving?
Because, if you are in a small city you can think that it's a bad idea giving event cards to Dracula if he's too powerfull.

2. Where do you have to put the time counter at the begining of the game? I supossed that it's in the "dawn" place, but I never found it in the rules.

Thanks very much!!

Your double post will eventually disappear to the depths of the forum alongside all the other old posts, so long as no one posts on it again. I have no idea if you can manually delete it.

1. On page 15 of the manual it discusses that a Hunter "can" draw cards on the Resupply step. The term "can" alludes that it is optional, while if the manual said "must" then you would be forced to draw the card; we play the game that while you do have to declare which step you are taking: Rest, Resupply, or Trade, you have the option of not drawing any cards on the Resupply step. However, Events I believe are always something good to draw unless you already have a max hand size of good events for your Hunter. The game gives the Hunters 67% more chance of receiving an Event over Dracula. The only other way I'd pass on gaining Event cards if the odds have been ridiculously favorable to you on your draw and now most of Dracula's cards can only be the remaining cards in the deck.

2. Page 7 of the manual under step 7 of set-up, titled Normal Play Begins details that after Dracula has taken his first limited turn the Day/Night marker is now placed on the Dawn space of the Day/Night marker track.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Mozal said:

Drawing cards is optional, however, it's rarely a bad idea. In my experience with the game, both old and new, one of the things that gives Dracula a great advantage is hunters who are afraid to draw cards for fear of giving some to Drac. The hunter cards are much more useful to the hunters than the Dracula cards are to Dracula, and if you draw frequently enough, Drac will be discarding cards rather than playing them anyway.