Synergy?

By Curon Hifor, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

With the release of Edge of the Empire coming upon us, I realized that the possibility for some product synergy. Basically, I want to run a campaign that somewhat similar to, for example, the Rogue Squadron series, and I realized that utilizing the rules from the Star Wars: X-Wing game could definitely lend itself to making the ship battles fun for basically everyone involved (except, y'know, those that aren't pilots, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it). It just seemed like an obvious conclusion on my end, but I'm curious if anyone else had the same idea. Thoughts?

Curon Hifor said:

With the release of Edge of the Empire coming upon us, I realized that the possibility for some product synergy. Basically, I want to run a campaign that somewhat similar to, for example, the Rogue Squadron series, and I realized that utilizing the rules from the Star Wars: X-Wing game could definitely lend itself to making the ship battles fun for basically everyone involved (except, y'know, those that aren't pilots, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it). It just seemed like an obvious conclusion on my end, but I'm curious if anyone else had the same idea. Thoughts?

I'd be very careful about that unless you tweak the rules more towards the players' favor, otherwise it could be deadly for the party.

I just got X-Wing, and waiting for SWEotE (but I have the beta) so I thought about it. We would have to design stats for SWEotE ships, and includes upgrades that would emulate the other players going to turrets, or repairing the shields etc… Then, we would need to find a good formula to translate a pilot skills to X-Wing.

Finally, as IronStar said, we would need to make sure this is tweak in favor of the player's ship, but it can be simply done by giving that ship more upgrades etc…

So, possible, but given I am new to both, I haven't looked into it much yet.

Cheers

Ceodryn