"Power Drain" & "White Out"

By mathieu_fontaine, in CoC Rules Discussion

Power Drain

Disrupt: Cancel an Action or Response just played or used

Question: In the detailed turn sequence they mention that "When the active player plays a character or support card from his hand, it is considered taking an action". Does it mean that if my opponent puts let say Cthulhu in play that I can cancel it with a "Power Drain"?

White Out

Play During your opponent's turn.

Action: Choose a character that is currently committed to a story. Until the end of the phase, that character does not count its icons or skill.

Question: If I play "White Out" on a character that has 2 terror icons, I decided that he will not count it's terror icon for the struggle and I win the terror struggle. Can that character become insane or is it still considered has having it's terror icon and therefore cannot become insane?

Thanks!

akaranseth said:

Power Drain

Disrupt: Cancel an Action or Response just played or used

Question: In the detailed turn sequence they mention that "When the active player plays a character or support card from his hand, it is considered taking an action". Does it mean that if my opponent puts let say Cthulhu in play that I can cancel it with a "Power Drain"?

No ! The words Action and Response are words in bold with a Capital. Power Drain means you can cancel a triggered effect preceded by the words Actions or Reponse (you can't cancel a Disrupt with Power drain for example)

Play a card from your hand is just an action (without capital).

akaranseth said:

White Out

Play During your opponent's turn.

Action: Choose a character that is currently committed to a story. Until the end of the phase, that character does not count its icons or skill.

Question: If I play "White Out" on a character that has 2 terror icons, I decided that he will not count it's terror icon for the struggle and I win the terror struggle. Can that character become insane or is it still considered has having it's terror icon and therefore cannot become insane?

Thanks!

He can't become insane, he has always its terror icons (he does not count its icons but does not lose them)