Troubles with the Highlander...

By Thirroxin, in Gummi Garage

So obviously in this format, control and aggresion are severely gimped, for all who do not know, Highlander rules state that you can have only ONE copy of any given card with the exception of the Travers Town worlds.

Obviously WR is the way to go in this format but im in a conundrum, should you risk playing Magic in this format, since phil is going to be in EVERY deck, or should you go with attack cards and low level worlds? aybe even heavy Magic friends for added effects? Should i play fetch worlds? Is that too risky?

fetch world = a world that searches a friend but allows ANY number of darks on it

example = halloweentown lvl 2, agrabah 1, monstro lvl 2, ect.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Too many ideas!!!! lol, thankfully i have 2 weeks to prepare!!! gran_risa.gif

I say you go with an unexpected Dark Deck!

And Aggro isn't DEAD per-say. It just takes a bit more strategy to use. Gotta say though, cards like Alice, Simba's and Darkside will definatly become God cards in this format seeing as keeping your friends out is nearly essential.

i dont think low worlds is the way to go because it just might get out rushed by other world decks and for the fetch worlds its definitly an option but if they play many heartless/villians on it early in the game they are going to get way ahead of you in world rush!!! babeo.gif

World rush will be abundant for sure... but WR can only be in control early game, meta game is another story...

you have a good point

devilmonkey said:

I say you go with an unexpected Dark Deck!

And Aggro isn't DEAD per-say. It just takes a bit more strategy to use. Gotta say though, cards like Alice, Simba's and Darkside will definatly become God cards in this format seeing as keeping your friends out is nearly essential.

SHHHHHH.. we dont want everyone playing broken dark decks in this tourny. *hehehehe*

Agreed, I can see quite a few dark decks being played. Played correctly, I can see one winning easily.