Rite of sundering/ Immateria ward

By balom, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

In Tome of Fate there is a ritual called the Rite of sundering which floods an area with warp energy. The problem is that you take 1d5 Corruption for every hour that you stay in that area. In the Radical's Handbook there is a device that blocks corruption points gained by exposure to the warp. Can it be used to nullify the risks inherent with using this rite?

In the item description, it states that "This prevention occurs once for each exposure," so I'd say that it'd only block the first six corruption points you gain. So, basically, depending on your rolls, it'd block the first couple hours of corruption gained from the ritual, but no more beyond that.

balom said:

In Tome of Fate there is a ritual called the Rite of sundering which floods an area with warp energy. The problem is that you take 1d5 Corruption for every hour that you stay in that area. In the Radical's Handbook there is a device that blocks corruption points gained by exposure to the warp. Can it be used to nullify the risks inherent with using this rite?

I believe equipment in interchangeable between games. Items from Dark Heresy can be used in Black Crusade. They all have availlability ratings so they can be rolled for. All basic equipment is identical between game lines ( a flack jacket in DH = a flack jacket in BC)

balom said:

I believe equipment in interchangeable between games. Items from Dark Heresy can be used in Black Crusade. They all have availlability ratings so they can be rolled for. All basic equipment is identical between game lines ( a flack jacket in DH = a flack jacket in BC)

balom said:

Quite a lot of things has changed between the systems. Check Dam and Pen of Plasma Weapons in DH and BC and you'll see quite a defference. I support using items from multiple systems but you have to be carefull because they sometimes are over- or underpowered. Image using a drug from book of judgement that gives +30 to WP tests with BC psyker.

Also there already is a way to limit corruption gain in BC Game Master's Kit.