Rule issues

By SeThLaY, in DungeonQuest

Hello, ive played the game about 5-10 times and i have a list with questions on games rules. I ll be happy if someone knows the answers cause i cant get a clue from the rulebook or the FAQ.

1. When you draw a Secret door card, and you move to an unexplored space. Do you place the chamber sqare as you like, or you still have to put it with the arrow drom the sware you moved to it?

2. Wnen you move out of the catacombs to an unexplored space you put the chamber as you like or randomly rotated?

3. Inside the chamber pool there is a room "like" rotating room (circle) but its a catacomb entrance. Is the room a simple catacomb entrance or its a rotating room giving you also the option to go catacomb entrance?

4.If you reach a dead end inside a corridor or whatever room without a search mark. can you search 2 times to find way out or you are automaticly dead?

5. There is a rule for ENTERING BRIDGE WITH SPECIAL MOVEMENT. Does this apply also to spider web, cave-in and bottomless pit rooms? or at this rooms you can just go out without an atribute test from the entrance you entered?

6. If you find an exit from the catacombs exacly at the threasure chamber u go at treasure chamber or you have to go to an adjasent space?

7. Lets say there are 3 players inside the treasure chamber, and someone draws enrage. first rolls survives and retreats, same with second player, and the third does not have anywhere to retreat cause there are walls or porticulis at all other entrances. does he stay inside the chamber? cause he cannot move to a room ocupied by other player.

8. If u escape a monster, and you want to retreat at the room u entered from. and there is a door you just oppened to enter. you automaticly retreat saying the dor is open or you have to draw again door deck or you cant escape?

9. When you entert a dungeon room that is already placed there and encountered some rounds before. You have to draw dungeon card again for this room? or you just move and pass turn?

10. Lets say you have RUNE OF DRAGONFIRE. it says return all of YOUR dragon cards to the deck. Why it ways "your". do you own the draon deck cards after drawning them? cause i thought they go to the same discard pile for all players. and you dont "own" them like loot cards. does that mean that you have to shuffle only the cards u draw and not all the cards(possible some other dragon card draw from other player).

11. When all 6 catacomb entrance markers are used. and you draw a PASSAGE DOWN card. You can still go catacombs next turn but you dont place the marker or you cant at all?

12. When a hero moves to a catacombs entrance chamber and he draws a passage down card, does he still have to place catacombs entrace marker?

SeThLaY said:

1. When you draw a Secret door card, and you move to an unexplored space. Do you place the chamber sqare as you like, or you still have to put it with the arrow drom the sware you moved to it?

The general rules for placing a new tile say you must place the arrow towards the tile you came from. I don't see anything in the rules for secret doors that contradicts this, so I'd say yes, you have to place the new tile with the arrow towards where you came from. Secrets doors just let move through a wall, otherwise the movement is normal.

SeThLaY said:

2. Wnen you move out of the catacombs to an unexplored space you put the chamber as you like or randomly rotated?

The example on page 22 says that such a tile may be placed in any orientation.

SeThLaY said:

3. Inside the chamber pool there is a room "like" rotating room (circle) but its a catacomb entrance. Is the room a simple catacomb entrance or its a rotating room giving you also the option to go catacomb entrance?

It's both. It's a rotating room that you can't get trapped in. Hooray!

SeThLaY said:

4.If you reach a dead end inside a corridor or whatever room without a search mark. can you search 2 times to find way out or you are automaticly dead?

I think he's dead. This is a harsh game, after all. The rules for dead ends say that a hero may search twice and refer to the Searching rules on the next page. The Searching rules say a hero may only search on a tile that has the search icon. Tough luck.

As memory serves, the vast majority of the tiles in the game have search icons, though, so this shouldn't happen too often, I don't think.

SeThLaY said:

5. There is a rule for ENTERING BRIDGE WITH SPECIAL MOVEMENT. Does this apply also to spider web, cave-in and bottomless pit rooms? or at this rooms you can just go out without an atribute test from the entrance you entered?

None of these other rooms require you to pick a side. Spider Webs and Cave In give you the option of "retreating" rather than testing the room, so I would say you may retreat without testing the attribute (in whichever direction you like). Bottomless Pit, however, does not give you a choice. You must test the attribute when you encounter the chamber. Assuming you live, you can exit either side.

SeThLaY said:

6. If you find an exit from the catacombs exacly at the threasure chamber u go at treasure chamber or you have to go to an adjasent space?

You come up in the treasure chamber. (Page 22, top left. It says you may resurface in an explored chamber or the Treasure Chamber .

SeThLaY said:

7. Lets say there are 3 players inside the treasure chamber, and someone draws enrage. first rolls survives and retreats, same with second player, and the third does not have anywhere to retreat cause there are walls or porticulis at all other entrances. does he stay inside the chamber? cause he cannot move to a room ocupied by other player.

The rules are admittedly vague on this point, but I'd say being forced to retreat from dragon rage allows a hero to enter the same space as another hero, much like escaping from a monster or resurfacing from the catacombs does. It's special movement.

SeThLaY said:

8. If u escape a monster, and you want to retreat at the room u entered from. and there is a door you just oppened to enter. you automaticly retreat saying the dor is open or you have to draw again door deck or you cant escape?

You escape through the door without needing to reopen it. Page 12, under "Escape"

SeThLaY said:

9. When you entert a dungeon room that is already placed there and encountered some rounds before. You have to draw dungeon card again for this room? or you just move and pass turn?

You always encounter a room anew each time you enter it. You may also Search again, even if you or someone else has previously searched twice in this room. The rules for searching are only limited to two consecutive searches in the same room by the same hero. If he leaves and comes back, he may search twice again.

SeThLaY said:

10. Lets say you have RUNE OF DRAGONFIRE. it says return all of YOUR dragon cards to the deck. Why it ways "your". do you own the draon deck cards after drawning them? cause i thought they go to the same discard pile for all players. and you dont "own" them like loot cards. does that mean that you have to shuffle only the cards u draw and not all the cards(possible some other dragon card draw from other player).

Yes, you "own" the dragon cards you have drawn until they get discarded. If the deck needs to be reshuffled while another player has some cards, you only reshuffle those currently in the discard and draw piles, not those held by other players.

Do note, however, that the only way to be required to shuffle (other than an effect like Rune of Dragonfire) is if you run out of dragon cards. If you have run out dragon cards to draw, then somebody MUST have drawn the Dragon Rage card, in which case everyone is getting kicked out and discarding their dragon cards now.

SeThLaY said:

11. When all 6 catacomb entrance markers are used. and you draw a PASSAGE DOWN card. You can still go catacombs next turn but you dont place the marker or you cant at all?

The FAQ mentions that the number of catacombs markers in the game is intended to be limiting (in a question unrelated to yours), so I would say you cannot go into the catacombs if you don't have an entrance tot he catacombs to put on that tile (and assuming there wasn't one there already/printed on the tile.)

SeThLaY said:

12. When a hero moves to a catacombs entrance chamber and he draws a passage down card, does he still have to place catacombs entrace marker?

Yes. This would be the FAQ question I mentioned above. If you don't like putting two tokens on the same space, the FAQ suggests that you may choose to return that marker to the box instead (ie: remove it from play permanently.)

Thank you for answering my questions! you are very helpful! i have 3 more who will chalenge your knowledge more! :)

13. FORBIDEN TOME treasure card says "at the begining of your turn roll 2 dice blablabla". This effect is additional to your standard turn action or it replaces it? For example may i use forbiden tome roll 2 dice have the effect, and than draw a dragon card or leave the place same turn?

14. TATIANA says "if you chose to attack instead of escape". That means that you can use this ability anytime you engage a monster no mater if you can escape(but u dont want to), or you cant escape(cause its sneack attack or porticulis or secret passage), OR you can only use the ability when u have the chance to escape but you ignore it.

15. After DRAGON RAGE, i have to retreat. I chose to retreat at an unexplored space. and the random tile i pick has a porticulis at the entrance. But the rules say that i cant retreat via porticulis. What i do?

SeThLaY said:

13. FORBIDEN TOME treasure card says "at the begining of your turn roll 2 dice blablabla". This effect is additional to your standard turn action or it replaces it? For example may i use forbiden tome roll 2 dice have the effect, and than draw a dragon card or leave the place same turn?

I would say it happens in addition to your regular turn. I don't have any specific rules basis for that, I just think that if an effect of a treasure card were meant to replace your entire turn, it would say so.

SeThLaY said:

14. TATIANA says "if you chose to attack instead of escape". That means that you can use this ability anytime you engage a monster no mater if you can escape(but u dont want to), or you cant escape(cause its sneack attack or porticulis or secret passage), OR you can only use the ability when u have the chance to escape but you ignore it.

From the FAQ:

Q: If Tatianna does not have the option to escape, for example she encounters a Monster with a sneak attack or in a Portcullis chamber, can she still use her ability?
A: Yes. In the case of a sneak attack, her special ability is implemented after resolving the sneak attackā€™s Luck test.

SeThLaY said:

15. After DRAGON RAGE, i have to retreat. I chose to retreat at an unexplored space. and the random tile i pick has a porticulis at the entrance. But the rules say that i cant retreat via porticulis. What i do?

FAQ:

Q: If a Hero moves into an unexplored space and draws a Portcullis chamber, does he have to make a successful Strength test to move into the
chamber?

A: No. Heroes do not make a Strength test when the Portcullis chamber is drawn and placed in an unexplored space; they automatically enter the chamber.

The portcullis slams closed after a hero enters the chamber for the first time, so you can retreat into that space (but you could not retreat through a portcullis that was already placed on the map.)

Thanks a lot!!

By the way at "5" i believe that at Cave-in and spider-web rooms you have to test anyway and you cant retreat, cause retreat say "u have to retreat to the room u came from and u cant retreat it you go there from a secret passage card or catacombs.

and one more.

16. I search a room and i draw secret passage. I move to an ajasent unexplored space, and the room is BRIDGE. but both sides of the bridge are blocked with walls, and i cant search this room. May i have the choise to automaticaly fail the agility test and fall to the catacoms? Cause if i pass the agility test i cant move out of the room, and maby i die cause i cant serach the room for way out? or i have to test again and again moving from one side of the bridge to the other 'till i finaly fail the test and go to the catacombs?

SeThLaY said:

By the way at "5" i believe that at Cave-in and spider-web rooms you have to test anyway and you cant retreat, cause retreat say "u have to retreat to the room u came from and u cant retreat it you go there from a secret passage card or catacombs.

Suit yourself.

SeThLaY said:

16. I search a room and i draw secret passage. I move to an ajasent unexplored space, and the room is BRIDGE. but both sides of the bridge are blocked with walls, and i cant search this room. May i have the choise to automaticaly fail the agility test and fall to the catacoms? Cause if i pass the agility test i cant move out of the room, and maby i die cause i cant serach the room for way out? or i have to test again and again moving from one side of the bridge to the other 'till i finaly fail the test and go to the catacombs?

You can only make one attribute test, because you can only encounter the chamber once, when you enter it. In order to encounter the chamber again, you need to leave and come back, which you can't do.

Personally, I would be willing to say that a hero can always choose to fail an attribute test, but that's a house rule since I don't think the real rules say anything of the sort. If you don't allow for voluntary failure, then I believe the hero is dead if he succeeds the test. =P