Got Altar of Darkness.

By StarBurn, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Okay so I bought altar of darkness to add it to WoD and JitD, after looking at the new overlord cards, and seeing some truly awsome ones I wonder. Up until now It wouldn't be hard to pick out what Trechery cards I want for my deck, since I think I came up with a good build and rarely need to change it. Now with the adition of many more trechery cards...I'm confused at what strategies to adopt, I don't want to be a evil guy and read the scenarios fiercely and plan tactics and strategies against my players. In my experiance a OL which knows what his doing, is going to win if the heroes don't get killer equipment or hard to break combos (rapid fire + Gauntlets). So I kinda try to think up my strategies then and there, to even the odds and it works quite well, since I can actually get surprised.

My question would be, cards do you use in your OL decks ?

I try to mix up what I use. If I use a card in one game, I try to use something totally different in the next. It makes the game more interesting for me as an Overlord.

On a side note, it is Altar of Despair, not Altar of Darkness. gui%C3%B1o.gif

I generally swap out the Gust of Winds and Aims for Dire Warnings, Ambush, Lone Manticore and Alarm.

(I've only got WoD/JitD at the moment)

You at least need look to ensure you can, of couse, actually play the cards you put in (trigger cinditions). Other than that, if you're not going to key them to specific dungeons for maximum effect, then use them to add things you don't get to see as much. Spawns for uncommon mosters, scything blades/boulders, wierd traps, and, my favorate, dark runes.

Generally I would suggest using different threachery cards each time, or randomly picking them. There are of course cards that are always useful, and others that are always poor choices, but by forcing yourself to use poor cards as well as good ones, you'll get more out of the game in my opinion. It will also make you a better strategist, because you'll be able to use what you have effectively regardless of the situation,

Black Ophelia said:

I generally swap out the Gust of Winds and Aims for Dire Warnings, Ambush, Lone Manticore and Alarm.

(I've only got WoD/JitD at the moment)

It's pretty easy to pick out cards with only WoD...thats why I started the thread, the new treachery cards and also the cursed glyphs...are enough to make my head go boom.