Questions and Repurposeing

By Wolfie6407, in Tannhauser

I haven't been playing Tannhauser very much the past year I admit. I got behind on the expansions and when that happens, it loses its charm to play a game with parts missing. So when my birthday rolled around this year I decided to get the rest of the expansions available. Only missing Frankenstahl atm which I'll be ordering on monday. We played a game last night with everything else tho and came across some interesting situations. Like this one (you'd think a new age camera phone would have better quality).

Questions:

1: When throwing a fire grenade onto a path already populated with enemy units, do the enemy units have to roll for the fire token's immediately or only when they move. The equipment card states that only when a unit ENTERS a circle do they have to roll. But if they are already in a circle then technically no. This doesn't make much sense to me and just wanted to be sure.

2: If all your Meteop tokens are placed on the board, can you substitute any token to be a new meteop token or are you limited to the supply. In that case can you voluntarily detonate some tokens in order to replace them in more advantageous positions?

3: First game with Hoax, I turned invisible, put the two invisible stands next to each other, then my opponent throws a grenade where they are at. Now the stealth thing says that Hoax herself cannot be the target of an attack and since the grenade targets the circle and not Hoax this would be legal. Right?

4. Bonus pack for Ramirez found with Itami. The Mark 19 Mod A1, is the exact same thing as the base character pack. Supposed to be?

5. What is the best way to print out all the fan made material on This Blog .

Also I have some figure's for a game called Anima Tactics, which didn't turn over so well for my group. They were rather expensive and a pain to put together, so rather than throw them away I decided to repurpose them for Tannhauser. This seemed to be rather easy to do as long as I stuck with only one equipment pack per character, but I'm really worried about the "broken" factor here. I'd like some creative feedback and perhaps some links to some templates where I can make custom character sheets and tokens for them after they get all balanced out.

Find my first draft here.

NOTE: I know there is a lack of Consistancy, and horrible spelling. I didn't make every single last character from Anima Tactics, only the ones I have.

1: When throwing a fire grenade onto a path already populated with enemy units, do the enemy units have to roll for the fire token's immediately or only when they move. The equipment card states that only when a unit ENTERS a circle do they have to roll. But if they are already in a circle then technically no. This doesn't make much sense to me and just wanted to be sure.
Actually, they only roll when they enter a circle filled with fire.

2: If all your Meteop tokens are placed on the board, can you substitute any token to be a new meteop token or are you limited to the supply. In that case can you voluntarily detonate some tokens in order to replace them in more advantageous positions?
That’s a situation I have never even heard of, but I suppose you could substitute other tokens.

3: First game with Hoax, I turned invisible, put the two invisible stands next to each other, then my opponent throws a grenade where they are at. Now the stealth thing says that Hoax herself cannot be the target of an attack and since the grenade targets the circle and not Hoax this would be legal. Right? Absolutely right!

4. Bonus pack for Ramirez found with Itami. The Mark 19 Mod A1, is the exact same thing as the base character pack. Supposed to be? Yes.

I've eyed the Anima Tactics figures for customs for awhile now, but the ones I've seen in person look somewhat large for Tannhauser. Would you mind posting some comparison pictures for us? If you could place them next to some Dust or Heroscape figures too, that'd be grand =)

It looks like ??! already answered most of your questions. On number 5, you could probably toss the files onto a USB drive and take them to a office supply store to print out. A less expensive option might be to go to Wal Mart and have them printed as photos. To make the tokens, I recommend Doc Savage's great article here:

Token Tutorial

Just scroll down a bit. Also, the circle punch he uses is the same punch I use for my clear bases, if you want to give those a try, though the metal Anima Tactics figures might be harder to balance on the light bases:

Clear Base Tutorial

For the camera work, was your flash on? While flash at close range can over-expose the photo, it reduces motion blur. It is also helpful to adjust the camera so that it focuses on the figures - if the camera focuses on the board or a distant wall, then nearer objects (the figures) maybe blurry. Finally, if you're not already familiar with it, you should look into the Macro mode for your camera, which lets you take clearer photos of nearby objects.

I actually don't have any Dust or Heroscape games. But here's a good try. I used an actual camera this time rather than just my camera phone.

Size Comparison Here

Taken with flash on, in the dark, on auto settings. From right to left we have:

Rubium Dragon from Nexus Ops(new edition), Berseker from Runewars, Chaos Lord from Runewars, Erika from Anima, Veronica from Anima, Macbeth from Anima, A Penny, A 10 sided die that came with Tannhauser,Konosuke from Anima, a standard yhatzee 6 sided die, and an assortment of Tannhauser figures.

The Silver Figures are the Anima figures, I never had them painted because the game didn't take off for us. Plus I suck at painting. They are metal and they are heavy and require some super glueing together. The base size is bigger for the larger guys, but still easy to figure out which circle they would be in.

Thanks for the Token information, that was the biggest issue I could think of with custom content.

??! : So this universe is a little crazy, ppl will throw grenades at empty space just cause, and fire is like a T-Rex, don't move and it wont hurt you. Thanks tho. I was using hoax and kinda went crazy at the prospect of someone throwing grenades at empty space just cause.

Fighting Hoax will often lead to weird situations like people throwing grenades into empty spaces or people running at full speed into empty circles and ramming basically nothing (Hoax can be decloaced by successfully Bull Rushing her!). However, it makes kind of sense. If the enemies of the Union know that Union soldies have some powerful cloaking ability, they basically get paranoid and statrt throwing grenades at every shadow or shimmer they see (or believe to see). In reality, soldiers in this situation probably would start shooting at every shadow, but that's not covered by the Tannhäuser rules.

You are right about the fire grenades, though. It just doesn't make any sense. I suppose it's about game balance.

Wolfie6407 said:

Size Comparison Here

Rubium Dragon from Nexus Ops(new edition), Berseker from Runewars, Chaos Lord from Runewars, Erika from Anima, Veronica from Anima, Macbeth from Anima, A Penny, A 10 sided die that came with Tannhauser,Konosuke from Anima, a standard yhatzee 6 sided die, and an assortment of Tannhauser figures.

Thanks for the photos. It looks like the scale is very inconsistent… Hard to tell from the angle of the photo, but it looks like Veronica might be near TH scale, but Erika is way too small (is she supposed to be a child?) while the other two are simply huge! That makes me think I might want to stay away from the figures unless I can see them in person…

That's really too bad. There are some figures which look like they'd be perfect for TH, if they scaled properly. Reinhold, for instance, would make a nice Reich character. Anyway, if you ever get your Anima figures painted, please post photos for the rest of us =)

Yes Erika is supposed to be a child. One of the reason's I got into anima is because the lore and history of the universe is so awesome.

Most of the figures are Veronica's Size actually. I only have 2 other huge guy like those 2. And the rest are all small. I marked the huge ones in the list by making them -Epic- and slighly more broken. But yeah Konosuke being the largest is almost double Asteros' size.

Not sure if I'll ever get them painted because I know I can't do it and I don't know if there is any sort of service or something that does that.