Oksana & Soud

By PsychoWolf, in Tannhauser

Hey there,

yesterday we've made a game where I've chosen Oksana and equipped her with the Voivode Token "Soud".

It was a scenario similar to the Smash and Grab from the Hinansho expansion with 3 Command Points, so reinforcements could be bought.

After the scenario my opponent mentioned that this was a too powerful combination having nearly inifite grenades running around, especially to block my own entry point.

Did anyone else have made such a experience or any thoughts about this. We think about houseruling that Oksana may not chose "Soud" as her Voivode Token.

You are right, it's a powerful combination and clearly not the way the ability was meant to be used. As the rules for Soud state: "If this Voivode is returned as a reinforcement, the only item in their inventory is the Smiljan Coil." So it was intended that each Voivode was only able to explode once.

So if you don't want to rule that Oksana may not be equipped with Soud at all, you could stay within the spirit of the rules concerning Soud and rule that each Voivode may use Soud only once per game, no matter how often it is brought in as a reinforcement.

That's also a great idea.

I'll discuss this with my opponent next time.

Thanks!