Gothic 3 - the forsaken gods

By Old Ben, in 8. AGoT Off Topic

Well the Gothic computer games are very popular around here and all of them can be enjoyed. Last week a stand alone add on was released in germany. I don´t know if the publisher is planning to take the product to the US market, but here is my advice DON`T buy this product/ game - "beta version" is still a nice word for the release version (including the release patch).

I really think i was never so upset about a computer game like this one.

Gothic had always the problem that it was a real mess to play when it came out. However if the games are enough patched they're great (I can only talkb about 1 + 2, I didn't try 3)

Mokus said:

Gothic had always the problem that it was a real mess to play when it came out. However if the games are enough patched they're great (I can only talkb about 1 + 2, I didn't try 3)

Just from my experience:

Gothic 1: No real problems, there was a bug in the release version, so you could double the amount of flesh everytime you placed it in a pan at the fireplace. This was more or less an easy mode to gather all ore boulders you needed. ;-)

Gothic 2: No real problems. Some people we´re reporting bad performance on their systems, some minor quests didn´t work proberly.

Gothic 2 add-on: Yeah some bugs, but playable.

Gothic 3: Lots of performance problems reported by a lot of players. Some minor quests didn´t work , but the main story could be done. If you had an up-to-date system, you shouldn´t expect to see any problems. Funniest bug: "The unbeatable boars of doom" ;-) There was a minor quest about eliminating some wild boars, unfortunately this was almost undoable because their attack speed was possiblle about 1,8 rates higher than your very own, so you weren´t even able to draw a knife before you were dead. :-)

Gothic 3 - the forsaken gods: Performance is really bad, even on high- end systems. Major and minor quests don´t work probably. A lot of items can´t be picked up, are misplaced etc. Some spoken dialogues miss sequences, in addition at least the non- english versions aren´t fully translated. So in the german version you can e.g. meet a family with an "old man" , "old wife" , their "young daughter" and "ihr junger Sohn" (yound son) all the translation errors are drawn like a red line through the whole game. Overall you get the impression they will need 53 or more patches to make a half-way bugfree product.