New Player

By Navar, in Hollow Bastion

Hi all, new player here. This is an introduction, question thread. I doubt I will be a frequent poster on this forum because I have no desire to play Kingdom Hearts TCG competitively, or with anyone outside of my daughter and wife. I am an old school TCG player though. I cut my teeth on Magic: The Gathering (much like many of you did I imagine) and actually found my niche with Warlord: Saga of the Storm. I stopped playing Warlord a couple of years before it ended, but before that I was the Number 1 player of my faction for a while, and even a regional Dragonlord. Competitive TCG playing just isn’t something I want to get into again, BUT I also can’t forget where I came from. To that end I think that this is a card game that my family can enjoy for a couple of years and I have invested a little bit of money getting a couple of “lots” of quasi random cards off of E-Bay.

Now I have plenty of cards to make several decks that appear to be pretty good. I have a couple of rule questions however, and because of my nature there are some cards that I would like to acquire. I will be putting a thread onto the trade board for my wants after I hammer out exactly what cards I am looking for (I also have a couple of “Lots” left coming to me, and 1 I am trying to win with some of the cards I am looking for.

Now the obligatory questions (I didn’t really see an official FAQ for the game, if someone could direct me to it I would be very thankful.)

#1 Attack cards like Pumpkinhead, Lionheart, Lady Luck, and Divine Rose (among others) all have a common wording on their cards. They say something to the extent of “When you play X "ATTACK" cards at the same time, their attack value becomes Y.” So, the question is does the value of each card become Y, or does the sum of their values become Y?

In other words which scenario is correct?

A. Sora Level 1 (4/1) is in a challenge and plays 2 Lionheart attack cards. His total Attack Value becomes 20 because 8 + 8 + 4 = 20

Or

B. Sora Level 1 (4/1) is in a challenge and plays 2 Lionheart attack cards. His total Attack Value becomes 12 because 8 + 4 = 12

#2 Why would anyone play Bambi Level 4? I would think that in a deck 3 Bambi Level 3s would be ideal. I do understand that you can overlay Bambi Level 4 on 3, but still it seems that the number of times that would happen would be less than the number of times you would draw Bambi level 4 and be unable to play it. Also Bambi level 4 is a Rare and Bambi Level 3 is Uncommon (according to the spoiler list I found, I haven’t checked the cards I have.) Also Bambi is a Magic friend so he won’t be around the next turn so you can drop that 4 on your 3.

#3 What is the point of negative support value except for very rare cards like behemoth? (I think there is none, but I am just wondering.)

#4 Do the Dark cards that the Dark/Players can play as friends have a Magic Value? (Again I am pretty sure that they do not, but I just wanted to check.)

#5 Can Dark Riku play Soul Eater?

#6 When the Wizard is in play can friends still play Magic cards?

#7 When the Wizard is in play can players play Magic/Friends?

#8 Is there a requirement to playing Magic/Friends aside from the normal Magic Value requirement? (i.e. does the player have to have a Friend or Magic/Friend under his control whose level equals or exceeds the level of the incoming Magic/Friend or is one level below it?)

#9 How exactly are Magic cards played? Are they placed onto the play area and then “activated?” or are their effects immediately resolved once they are played?

#10 Last question but it is multi part. Are the following cards any good?

The King
Dragon Maleficent
Jafar Genie
Cloud
Sephiroth
Aerith
Disney Castle
Destiny Islands
End of the World
Monstro Level 1
Simba (any level with Proud Roar)
Daisy Duck

Thanks in advance for any responses. I hope that I am not abusing the forums too much.

If I have any other questions I will ask.

Navar said:

Hi all, new player here. This is an introduction, question thread. I doubt I will be a frequent poster on this forum because I have no desire to play Kingdom Hearts TCG competitively, or with anyone outside of my daughter and wife. I am an old school TCG player though. I cut my teeth on Magic: The Gathering (much like many of you did I imagine) and actually found my niche with Warlord: Saga of the Storm. I stopped playing Warlord a couple of years before it ended, but before that I was the Number 1 player of my faction for a while, and even a regional Dragonlord. Competitive TCG playing just isn’t something I want to get into again, BUT I also can’t forget where I came from. To that end I think that this is a card game that my family can enjoy for a couple of years and I have invested a little bit of money getting a couple of “lots” of quasi random cards off of E-Bay.

Now I have plenty of cards to make several decks that appear to be pretty good. I have a couple of rule questions however, and because of my nature there are some cards that I would like to acquire. I will be putting a thread onto the trade board for my wants after I hammer out exactly what cards I am looking for (I also have a couple of “Lots” left coming to me, and 1 I am trying to win with some of the cards I am looking for.

Now the obligatory questions (I didn’t really see an official FAQ for the game, if someone could direct me to it I would be very thankful.)

#1 Attack cards like Pumpkinhead, Lionheart, Lady Luck, and Divine Rose (among others) all have a common wording on their cards. They say something to the extent of “When you play X "ATTACK" cards at the same time, their attack value becomes Y.” So, the question is does the value of each card become Y, or does the sum of their values become Y?

In other words which scenario is correct?

A. Sora Level 1 (4/1) is in a challenge and plays 2 Lionheart attack cards. His total Attack Value becomes 20 because 8 + 8 + 4 = 20

Or

B. Sora Level 1 (4/1) is in a challenge and plays 2 Lionheart attack cards. His total Attack Value becomes 12 because 8 + 4 = 12

#2 Why would anyone play Bambi Level 4? I would think that in a deck 3 Bambi Level 3s would be ideal. I do understand that you can overlay Bambi Level 4 on 3, but still it seems that the number of times that would happen would be less than the number of times you would draw Bambi level 4 and be unable to play it. Also Bambi level 4 is a Rare and Bambi Level 3 is Uncommon (according to the spoiler list I found, I haven’t checked the cards I have.) Also Bambi is a Magic friend so he won’t be around the next turn so you can drop that 4 on your 3.

#3 What is the point of negative support value except for very rare cards like behemoth? (I think there is none, but I am just wondering.)

#4 Do the Dark cards that the Dark/Players can play as friends have a Magic Value? (Again I am pretty sure that they do not, but I just wanted to check.)

#5 Can Dark Riku play Soul Eater?

#6 When the Wizard is in play can friends still play Magic cards?

#7 When the Wizard is in play can players play Magic/Friends?

#8 Is there a requirement to playing Magic/Friends aside from the normal Magic Value requirement? (i.e. does the player have to have a Friend or Magic/Friend under his control whose level equals or exceeds the level of the incoming Magic/Friend or is one level below it?)

#9 How exactly are Magic cards played? Are they placed onto the play area and then “activated?” or are their effects immediately resolved once they are played?

#10 Last question but it is multi part. Are the following cards any good?

The King
Dragon Maleficent
Jafar Genie
Cloud
Sephiroth
Aerith
Disney Castle
Destiny Islands
End of the World
Monstro Level 1
Simba (any level with Proud Roar)
Daisy Duck

Thanks in advance for any responses. I hope that I am not abusing the forums too much.

If I have any other questions I will ask.

1. The attack card is totaled to said amount,

example 3 pumpkin heads make a +10 boost

2. All bambis are great. All of them are card advantage. Bambi 3 is great because you draw 2 cards as opposed to the one card grom bambi lvl 3, 2, or 1. Many characters have 3 MP and its easy to cast all around, Bambi 3 is the best because its the lowest bambi that draws two cards, its all based over your deck though.

3. Negative value is to make that card a drawback effect. Card like gepetto and Moogle would be crazy if they offered a positive support value. If you are worried of negative attacks, use Fairy harp!

Fairy Harp = Attack card that switchs the total attack value of both players

4. No they do not have a Magic value

5. Yes

6. No

7. No, wizard disables ALL magic cards, and since magic Friends are considered to be magic cards in yur hand, he nullifies them as well

8. No there is not. You can however play friends off of Magic friends levels.

Example. Donald lvl 1 casts Bambi lvl 3, you can now play Cloud, Sephiroth, Leon, etc.

9. Depends on the situatuon, if in the battle phase, they resolve immediately, if in the challenge phase, players take turns back and forth, playing more attack cards, magic, etc

Also, magic cards CAN be used to raise your attack in a challenge.

Example: Blizzaga gives your character +6, +12 if on Deep jungle lvl 2 or Agrabah lvl 3! gui%C3%B1o.gif

10. All of those cards are great with the exception of Daisy Duck. All of those cards on the other hand are pretty tough to get, Daisy is a PROMO only, Destiny Islands are rare, same for Disney Castle, monstro is only uncommon, Simba is a great way to control your opponents feild if played correctly, too bad he is rare only. Only non rare version of simba is lvl 1, their is a promo simba as well.

Cloud, The King, Sephiroth, Jafare genie, Dragon Mally, and Aerith are ALL SRU only.

SRU = Super rares only, holos. All of these are tough to get.

Aside from that, welcome to the forums! gran_risa.gif

-Thirroxin

Sorry, my answer for your 2nd question was mis typed, sorry... heres the actual Bambi effects

Bambi level 0, 1, or 2 = draw one card

Bambi 3 and 4 = draw 2 cards

Sorry about that, i was in a hurry to get to work on time, lol, welcome to the forums again and sorry for the confusion i may have caused. As for the FAQ's, here is the "Rules" thread.

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=94&efcid=5&efidt=5510

That is a list of all the rulings that have been made to certain cards and scenarios. If you need any help at all, please dont hesitate to ask, we are all mostly friendly on here! lengua.gif

Welcome aboard again!

Ok cool, thanks for the help. 1 more question.

Oogie Boogie(OB), how often does he check to see if jack is in play. By that I mean if I have jack and Sally in play and my opponent plays OB, can I discard Sally, or will Jack just die right after that?

Do you mean Zero, Sally just takes a Jack from the discard and puts it in your hand. Either way, if oogie boogie is on the feild, jack cannot be on the fieild at all. You cannot play him from your hand until Ooogie boogie is defeated, and all jack skellington cards in play are disarded to the discard pile when Oogie is played.

If zero is on the feild and you discard him instead of Jack when oogie is played, Jack will still be discarded VIA Oogie Boogie's effect. If one of the main villians are on the feild, it eliminates said card from being on the feild at all. Cant play them from your hand and tey die if on the feild when played.

Oogie boogie = Jack skellington cannot be on the feild or played

Malificent = Beast cannot be on the feild or played

Hades = Hercules cannot be on the feild or played

Captain Hook = Peter Pan AND Tinker Bell cannot be on the feild or played

Villians are a great way to go when stalling world rush, they cannot be touched by Hercules or beast effects, plus they have 16-20 POW.

Some heartless are great as well.

Namely...

Parasite Cage - removes a friend from the game, and they canot play said friend until it is dead

Behemoth - forces opponent to attack with ALL friends and magic friends they control

Barrel Spider - they lose one HP if it is not dealt 1 magic damage when killed

Aquatank - when played, you look through your deck for a Heartless and play it

Invisible - killiable only by attack cards and player cards if Phil is on the feild

Search ghost - same as Aquatank, but searches a Villian instead of a heartless

Thanks very much for the information. One odd question, So one of the lots I won on ebay included a lot of the card pack rappers and some 5 heart point tabs from deck boxes. What can do with these "heart points" I think they are called?

Navar said:

Thanks very much for the information. One odd question, So one of the lots I won on ebay included a lot of the card pack rappers and some 5 heart point tabs from deck boxes. What can do with these "heart points" I think they are called?

you can throw them out lol sorry but the redemption event ended jan. 31st. maybe email FFG and see if you can still get something but as far as i know its over.

What was the event?

from Nov to Feb 1, you could exchange X amount of HP for promos.

Sorry for the absence Navar, busy lately.

Anyhow, Heart Points were used to swap for Promo cards from FFG.

Example, 30 heart points got you a Cid, 60 got you a HOLO Cid.

But they stopped doing it as of janueary 31st.

Now HP are just for collection value.

All good Thirroxin, don't worry about it. I will be to the stage of posting decks soon, but I will put them in the right forum. ALSO I will post a wish list on the trade forums.

Sounds good, I'll see what i can do to help you out!

Both with the decks and with the wish list!

gui%C3%B1o.gif

-Thirroxin

Just wondering, the thing you got on Ebay, you wouldn't happen to have won with a bid around the $30.00.

Nobody said:

Just wondering, the thing you got on Ebay, you wouldn't happen to have won with a bid around the $30.00.

Of the big lots one was 30 and one was 35, but they were both around Mid Feb.