Force Powers

By copperbell, in Talents and Specialization Trees

I have a player who selected the Force Sensitive Exile talent tree and purchased the Influence Basic Force Power.

How is this handled?

I get he rolls his Force Rating in force dice and if he doesn't roll any lightside points he gets to spend any lightside destiny points in the players pool to activate this power (and doesn't work if he has none left n the player destiny pool) but I'm not sure how the basic power works.

Does it count as an automatic success or does he get to roll an additional yellow proficiency die or perhaps upgrade an ability dice and when there's no ability dice left he gets an extra boost die to whatever skill check that relates to what he's trying to do?

If all your PC has is the Influence Basic Power, than if he generates sufficient Force Points (either by rolling Light Side or spending a Destiny Point & Strain to use a Dark Side), then the target of the power automatically suffers 1 point of Strain damage. That's it, no additional rolls required.

The only times that any sort of roll is required is for the first Influence Control Upgrade (the mind trick) and the first Move Control Upgrade (attacking w/ telekinesis), which per the Week 2 Update are both opposed Discipline rolls. For those two, you need to generate enough Force Points and succeed on the opposed roll in order to have the power succeed.

Donovan Morningfire said:

If all your PC has is the Influence Basic Power, than if he generates sufficient Force Points (either by rolling Light Side or spending a Destiny Point & Strain to use a Dark Side), then the target of the power automatically suffers 1 point of Strain damage. That's it, no additional rolls required.

The only times that any sort of roll is required is for the first Influence Control Upgrade (the mind trick) and the first Move Control Upgrade (attacking w/ telekinesis), which per the Week 2 Update are both opposed Discipline rolls. For those two, you need to generate enough Force Points and succeed on the opposed roll in order to have the power succeed.

Thanks given the title I was assuming there was some kind of mechanic I was missing.