Looking to get a table, where I should I start??

By th3_greench, in Dust Warfare General Discussion

Hey guys, looking to buy a table for War gaming, DUST specifically I guess if it matters!! Probably a silly question, but I don't know where to start looking! Preferably in the 48 x 90 range, even bigger is fine. Maybe even a round large table?? x_x Thanks for any help!

For the truly functional, I lucked into a table that's hard to beat: Back in '93, I guess, I found a 4'x8' piece of heavy reinforced plywood in the dumpster at a friend's apartment. And wouldn't ya know, someone had painted, in enamel, the entire map to Avalon Hill's Eastern Front game on it, in 1" hexes! Well, it was perfect. I placed it on two sawhorses, covered it with a grass mat bought at a local train store, and I was set.

Do NOT go round. In order to have a 4x6' area, it has to be at least 6' diamater, and that monster will take up a lot of space, and most people who aren't freakishly tall will not be able to reach around it.

We bought our house a year ago. I was specifically thinking about my Railroad Tycoon (Now it's called Railways of the world) board game when buying my table. The board was too big to play at my old townhouse.

I bought a table with 2 butterly leaves. They tuck under the table for storage, so I can have a nice sized table for 4 to play board games and exand it up to seating for 8, the perfect size for a mini game, with extra room at one end to put drinks, snacks, dead foes, etc.

I have to applaud your thinking! Utility, storage maximization, and probably longevity! A good leaf table is something handed down over the generations. Well done!

There's a building materials outlet near me that has kitchen cabinet modules. Thinking about getting a couple of 30" base cabinets and framing up a top using a sheet of plywood. Gaming table + storage :)

a piece of plywood is 4x8 just get some legs for it.

Plastic 6' folding table - Light , easy to move and store.

1 Length of 1"x1" board

1 4' x 8' sheet of board

Cut the 1" x 1" into three lengths. Make a U shape that the table fits in and screw the lengths to the 4' x 8' board. This makes a secure edge to keep the board centered on the table and you can take the board off and have a table or put both away.

I recommend the adjustable height tables, for a higher playing surface.

Brown = board

Tan = 1" x 1"

Grey = Table

TableLayout.png

Wow thanks for the replies everyone! Great ideas, especially ^ the one above.

th3_greench said:

Wow thanks for the replies everyone! Great ideas, especially ^ the one above.

This is what a FLGS near me uses. They can convert from Table Top to Card or RPG tables quickly and easily.

You can even stack two of these boards and they are stable enough to play on top of.