Penfold is Damon? Anyone know him?

By danach82, in CoC General Discussion

This was posted on the AGoT boards , and since he plays CoC and is in these threads as well, I was wondering if anyone actually met him. He seems to have played for a long time, so some of the long-standing players may have some insight…

That's a funny thread. Everyone loves a good conspiracy theory.

I highly doubt it. He may make a lot of proud remarks about his association with Mr. Stone, but from my own occasional dealings with Damon at the FFG EC, I just don't see the connection. They communicate much differently.

I am not sure why if he was at Arkham Nights that he did not play in the CoC tourney. It doesn't appear that he introduced himself to anyone as that username if he did go. I wasn't there the whole weekend though, only for the constructed CoC tourney.

One thing those fish monger wives fail to take into consideration is that Damon would be risking his job if he was posting like that.

From what Steve Horvath told me in person, the only people allowed to go chit chat like that without asking permission from Christian Peterson and Steve Horvath are Christian Peterson and Steve Horvath.

Because of that, the likelihood of that conspiracy scenario is next to nil.

Hellfury said:

That's a funny thread. Everyone loves a good conspiracy theory.

I highly doubt it. He may make a lot of proud remarks about his association with Mr. Stone, but from my own occasional dealings with Damon at the FFG EC, I just don't see the connection. They communicate much differently.

I am not sure why if he was at Arkham Nights that he did not play in the CoC tourney. It doesn't appear that he introduced himself to anyone as that username if he did go. I wasn't there the whole weekend though, only for the constructed CoC tourney.

One thing those fish monger wives fail to take into consideration is that Damon would be risking his job if he was posting like that.

From what Steve Horvath told me in person, the only people allowed to go chit chat like that without asking permission from Christian Peterson and Steve Horvath are Christian Peterson and Steve Horvath.

I hope that's not the case. I wouldn't like for Damon (as a person) to suffer any negative repercussions.

I am curious, because it would explain some things. Others may be curious - jhaelen asked him before if he was Damon, too, because of some of his posts. But beyond that it doesn't matter to me one way or another. I'd rather that the designers be able to participate as themselves on the boards than potentially as pseudonyms, but that's FFG's policy, and I certainly understand why.

Penfold's posts are sometime demeaning or dismissive, maybe even fanboy-ish, but you could say that about others on the boards. If he were a FFG employee in that case it would be maybe troubling, but in any other case, it's not out of the ordinary.

Here too? And you maintain this is not a witchhunt?

I was at Arkham Friday and Saturday with my gf. She and I played in the Intiates tournament. Then played all the new scenarios and expansions for the other Cthulhu stuff.

If I was Damon why do I have a specific email in my in-box where I get dressed down for sharing "personal correspondance" from him on this board? I would always be right about rulings. I'm not. Well, I like to think I am and he just changes the rulings Also as to "toeing the company line" I would be pro-agenda not anti-agenda. Obviously FFG likes Agendas Damon has created two himself. As to flaunting my relationship, it isn't hard to get to know the designers at FFG they are open and friendly. Damon, like many others I know from before he started working at FFG. He and I played in the same Cthulhu group. I taught him this and Arkham to him.

Of course, as ktom pointed out in the other thread, saying I'm not in no way is going to be something you believe, because if I was it is exactly what he would say. There is no profit in my denying it. As such I simply ignored it in the Thrones thread, but if you are bringing it up here I'll address it exactly once. No.

So can we get back to discussing the game? Well I ask out of politeness, but to be honest, as I said I'm not addressing it again. You can do whatever you want.

Since you won't be checking this, I guess this if for the void.

Not a witch hunt, no. The other thread was kindled into something else. I cross-posted it here because I know you play CoC and thought others here might know you IRL, and/or be curious about the theory that some others in my meta were considering. As I said, I have no stake in the matter one way or another other than mild curiosity. So sure, let's get back to playing. Since you asked nicely. ;)

Hellfury said:

Hellfury said:

gui%C3%B1o.gif

Penfold said:

I was at Arkham Friday and Saturday with my gf. She and I played in the Intiates tournament. Then played all the new scenarios and expansions for the other Cthulhu stuff.

If I was Damon why do I have a specific email in my in-box where I get dressed down for sharing "personal correspondance" from him on this board? I would always be right about rulings. I'm not. Well, I like to think I am and he just changes the rulings Also as to "toeing the company line" I would be pro-agenda not anti-agenda. Obviously FFG likes Agendas Damon has created two himself. As to flaunting my relationship, it isn't hard to get to know the designers at FFG they are open and friendly. Damon, like many others I know from before he started working at FFG. He and I played in the same Cthulhu group. I taught him this and Arkham to him.

Of course, as ktom pointed out in the other thread, saying I'm not in no way is going to be something you believe, because if I was it is exactly what he would say. There is no profit in my denying it. As such I simply ignored it in the Thrones thread, but if you are bringing it up here I'll address it exactly once. No.

So can we get back to discussing the game? Well I ask out of politeness, but to be honest, as I said I'm not addressing it again. You can do whatever you want.

Awesome! I actually believe this. And lucky us since you are local to minnesota youll of course be going to world! I would love it if you would teach me CoC. Ive always wanted to learn but dan is a **** and refused to teach me. Ill even give you one of my tshirts as recompense! See you in three weeks !

jhaelen said:

Of course, this being a conspiracy theory after all, would actually encourage the conspiracy theorists. If they weren't denying it, there would be no conspiracy _and_ if it was officially endorsed they could never admit it because of the forthcoming nerdrage gui%C3%B1o.gif

Which begs the question: who are the other designer's pseudonyms? lol

~Jhaelen, you want to tell us something? ;)

I'd tell you who I really am, but you wouldn't believe it.

dcdennis said:

Ive always wanted to learn but dan is a **** and refused to teach me.

~You can't handle this game. It's for your own protection.

And just because I "forgot" to bring you practice decks before you went on your trip to the beach doesn't mean I refuse to teach you. We can play it at the Halloween game night I'm hosting, if you feel like succumbing to the madness.

I've never been seen together in the same location as ANY major superhero. Just sayin… I could be any one of them.

I'll be happy to teach COC at worlds if you'll teach me AGOT. :)

dcdennis said:

Penfold said:

Awesome! I actually believe this. And lucky us since you are local to minnesota youll of course be going to world! I would love it if you would teach me CoC. Ive always wanted to learn but dan is a **** and refused to teach me. Ill even give you one of my tshirts as recompense! See you in three weeks !

I believe he is saying he was in Damon's meta before he became an FFG employee. That puts him in the CA meta. Why didn't you just say you were a CA player who knew Damon from when he lived out there? You could have told us that you play with Rings and Mathlete. Next time you see them rag on them for not sticking up for you.

If you do come to worlds, introduce yourself. I'll buy you a beer to show no hard feelings. You can have more than 10 min with me in a bar.

badash56 said:

I'll be happy to teach COC at worlds if you'll teach me AGOT. :)

i have been trying to get myself to care about this game for a very long time. something about the universe just doesn't appeal to me. to kooky maybe. nevertheless id be happy to teach you agot. i should be easy to spot. just look for the extremely handsome bald man wearing an i <3 penfold t-shirt.

dcdennis said:

i have been trying to get myself to care about this game for a very long time. something about the universe just doesn't appeal to me. to kooky maybe.

Remember which boards you're posting on. haha