New Descent Editor

By Lord Loren Soth, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

hello guys

is the final descent editor out yet?

and if it's out where to download it?

thanks a lot

I thought there will be no newer versions.

The current one was abandoned by the author; and APPARENTLY an official one was in development, but I've seen nothing of it.

I've had some luck making maps for some test-run RtL dungeon levels with the currently avaiable editor. I've managed to photoshop the end portal and other things in later fairly easily.

I heard it was abandoned because if the official one.

Black Ophelia said:

The current one was abandoned by the author; and APPARENTLY an official one was in development, but I've seen nothing of it.

I think it would be another surprise like this nice new look of pages for us...

As far as I can say, works are still in progress.

Maybe in the near future there will be ufficial news and releases, I hope so!

For what it's worth, I found this snippet recently posted on the editor page ( http://www.prosperity-station.com/Descent/ ):

Nov. 2008 Update

Still alive. Still working on this. Very busy with day job. Current project will end Dec 5 and I have a week of vaction planned (first on in years that doesn't involve Gencon). I plan to spend all week programming.

...so I would expect we might be hearing something more in the relatively near future.

That's it. Works are in progress and I notice that the author has planned to spend his first week of vacation in five years programming...

Will he have a real vacation afterwards ?!?

By the way all my best regards!!!

May I ask if there are news or upcoming events or new releases ?!?

So far I have been unable to get a clue....

Thanks a lot...... !!!!!

TileSystem is your best bet.

Not that I'm aware of. As you can see, that Nov. 2008 update is still the most recent thing posted on the web site. I think most people are assuming this is dead.

I just wish Fantasy Flight would be honest with us and let us know either way.

If it is dead then let us know and we can move on instead of waiting and not knowing anything.

If it is still alive then let us know that and we can wait for that to be released.

I really like Fantasy Flight but I dont understand how they are handling the whole Descent scenario editor situation.

Well, if you read the support area the previously created editor is now "their" offical editor and nothing new has been said about it. I do wish someone would post and let us know.

Sir Spanky said:

Well, if you read the support area the previously created editor is now "their" offical editor and nothing new has been said about it. I do wish someone would post and let us know.

Got this clue, but the editor is slightly old and doesn't include all expansions.

If I am not mistaken, obviously!!!! ;)