SSU List help.

By rathianfire, in Dust Warfare General Discussion

My brother wants to play the SSU. But I dont have the Sverograd book yet. Could someone give me good ideas for a good list. My plan is to keep the Tank that comes in the Sverograd set. Id pefer to keep it simple and basicly a mirror image of the armys in the core set.

Granted. Here's a cheap and simple 200-point list:

53 points: Koshka and Gran'Ma.

25 points: Command squad, Defense Platoon.

20 points: 1st Section Rifle squad.

21 points: 2nd Section Close Combat squad.

20 points: 3rd Section Battle squad.

30 points: Nadya KV-47 walker.

30 points: Nadya KV-47 walker.

This list is long on walkers, but it also has the infantry support it needs to make those walkers more effective. I propose two Nadya flamer-armed walkers for their extended range and anti-armor as well as anti-infantry deadliness. MSRP: $160 USD - assuming you already have Koshka and Gran'ma from the Zverograd set; if not, the $40 price tag makes this a $200 army. Compare that with pricing out a 1000-point 40K army (at least $250 USD, and probably more), Warfare is a fairly cheap game!

Tactical notes: Use sustained fire with the Rifle squad so their sniper guns have a chance of hitting something; they do have a 30" range, though. Keep Koshka's Fighting Spirit ability in mind; once per game, she can be fairly devastating. The flamer-armed walkers can shoot at enemy troops 14" away when unsing Combined Fire. And the Assault ability on the Close Combat squad means that they can make a march move to within 6" of an enemy and not suffer reactions, meaning that they are poised to inflict a massive reaction attack on whatever unfortunate enemy they loom over. Be careful only to do this with enemy units that don't have another enemy unit that can come out and shoot said Close Combat squad, though, or they'll suppress the CC squad and the tactic is moot!