Whats Going On With the Strange Flesh Release?

By Master Fwiffo, in Strange Flesh

So after I picked up Freefall and Loved It, I started looking to get Golem and Strange Flesh. Golem's currently on its way to my local Barnes and Nobel to pick up, but Strange Flesh…

So I looked up Strange Flesh on B&N.Com a week ago, and it said it would be released in Paperback this Tuesday. Sweet.

Tuesday comes, I look it up, and the paperback isn't even in their system anymore - only the Nook version. Wha? So I head over to Barnes and Noble, wondering if it's a computer error or something. No trace of it in the store… and when I had the information desk look it up, both of them are utterly befuddled as it seems to have disappeared!

Is Strange Flesh going to get a wider release to these stores like Golem and Freefall did? Or is my only hope of buying the book ordering it online?

And on that note, if I get an E-Reader version of the book, will it still have a mail-away for the game card?

I checked again this week, and still no sign of it. Will the only way to buy this book in paperback be to get it online?

I've been wondering about this too. Has the same been the case for other recent FFG novel releases?

jasonpanella said:

I've been wondering about this too. Has the same been the case for other recent FFG novel releases?

I'm having the same kind of trouble finding 'Bones of the Yopasi'…

I asked about cards, only for physical versus. My Barnes and noble had the same story so I ordered it off eBay for cover price and free shipping. I've been enjoying it. Can't wait to find out what the card is.

So is the only way to buy the book version is to buy it off the FFG store?

Coolstuffinc has a few copies in stock, so apparently it is being distributed, if not necessarily through the usual bookstore channels…

I really hope this isn't a trend for future FFG Book releases. I can manage getting Strange Flesh on digital once my iPad comes in, but I'll be ticked as heck if I can't easily get a paperback of the sequel to Golem, and I'm already ticked that I can't get Bones of the Yopast.

Master Fwiffo said:

I really hope this isn't a trend for future FFG Book releases. I can manage getting Strange Flesh on digital once my iPad comes in, but I'll be ticked as heck if I can't easily get a paperback of the sequel to Golem, and I'm already ticked that I can't get Bones of the Yopast.

Amazon US has had some copies of Strange Flesh from third-party sellers, and they range from around $15, including shipping (which seems like a lot for a mass market paperback), and over $60, which is just incredible. I'd love to be able to pick this up from a local book or game store, but since I don't really have either, I just went to Coolstuffinc route. With shipping, it ended up being around the sticker price.

Surprisingly enough, I found a game store that actually had the books! I grabbed them immediately.

While I'm happy to have them, I really hope I don't have to take the (hour plus) trip to get them when the next round of FFG books hits. I'd like to just buy them at Bares and Noble. :(