Question about Bombardment, Need Clarification

By player950018, in Rex: Final Days of an Empire

Hello, I just recently bought Rex: Final Days of an Empire, and I was wondering if I could get some clarification on how bombardment movement works?

My question, in particular, is about sectors 7, 12, and 16. Should we just skip the 2nd space for each one and move onto the 8, 13, and 17 sectors? Or should we move through both spaces in the sector?

Thank you very much for your time!

The Dreadnought fleet moves one SECTOR at a time, carpetbombing all the SPACES in each Sector before moving to the next Sector.

Just to be clear: Sector does not equal Space. A Sector can consist of multiple Spaces but a Space can only be part of one Sector.

JahlmondJoy said:

Hello, I just recently bought Rex: Final Days of an Empire, and I was wondering if I could get some clarification on how bombardment movement works?

My question, in particular, is about sectors 7, 12, and 16. Should we just skip the 2nd space for each one and move onto the 8, 13, and 17 sectors? Or should we move through both spaces in the sector?

The fleet moves from sector 6 to sector 7 as one move, and from sector 7 to sector 8 as one move. HOWEVER, when it is in a sector, it affects all locations therein, so all the locations in sector 7 will be equally affected as soon as the fleet is in sector 7.

You should not be placing the fleet in any specific location of a given sector, those are for troops and influence. The fleet goes in between the locations of a given sector, on the brownish "unused" part of the board.

Edit: In retrospect, I think it would've been really helpful if they had provided a specific position, shaped like the fleet's footprint, in each sector so that players could more easily see how the fleet moves separately from the locations on the map.

May I also add that the sectors are numbered from 1 to 18 and some spaces have the same number. The same-numbered spaces are all in that single sector.

JahlmondJoy said:

Hello everyone, I also just bought Rex (but the German version in Switzerland). But until now, i have the follow question to the influence card "sol attack" (which is a bombardement of a space) and the functioning of the shild of a space. Do the shild of a space protect the influence and the units of a space which is attacked by the sol attack influence card? I couldn't find more information on that issue, even when i looked through the englisch rules pdf on the web or the english faq (and this forum and by a google search).

So, what do you think, or how do you play this: Are units and influence protected on an targeted space with a shild? because a shild protect the space normaly from bombardement from the dreadnought fleet, so why should it not protect the space from a sol attack via the influence card?

Thank you very much for your answers in advance!

Kind rgds Hikk

Sol Offensive only affects the areas listed on the last influence card. The influence cards only list areas which do not have shields.

So a Shield cannot block Sol Offensive because it will never be there.

It seems prudent to also point out that the "Sol Offensive" card only target the SPACES listed. Not the sectors those areas are in.

So, a bit more clarification here. The Sol offensive card states to hit the "last" area that received influence. Does this mean only the second space listed on the previous influence card, or both spaces on the "last" card?

In other words, does a Sol Offensive hit two spaces or one?

shrapnel said:

In other words, does a Sol Offensive hit two spaces or one?

Rulebook, page 14, under "Resolving a Sol Offensive Card":

"When revealed, players look at the top influence-providing card in the Influence discard pile. All units and influence in both of the listed spaces are destroyed (resolve them from left to right as listed on the card)."

Emphasis original.

Thanks.

There is, of course, a certain argument that suggests I should have looked in the rulebook before posting here. Alas, I am a buffoon. :)

Better to ask and possibly seem ignorant than to not ask and definitley be it…