Here's your chance to win a FREE copy of the Edge of the Empire Beta book!

By GM Chris, in General Discussion

What is up, GamerNation?

GM Chris, here, erstwhile host of the Order 66 Podcast. I know many of our old-school listeners are on these boards, and a slew of new listeners tuned in to our recent episodes talking about Edge of the Empire with Jay Little, and our live-play sessions. For those who've not heard, yet, the Order 66 Podcast (running strong for over 4 and a half years, now) will be transitioning its format in the coming weeks. We've been priviledged to devote our energy to the Saga Edition RPG since our inception - but we will be officially transitioning to the Fantasy Flight SW RPG. happy.gif Our prior episodes will be archived to a separate podcast feed, and we'll be starting the current feed over, with a brand new "Episode 1" some time in November. And we have an AMAZING episode 1 planned for you all (details to follow…). But I want to kick it off RIGHT!

So… I just HAPPEN to have gotten my hands on a mint-condition (with sticker sheet) copy of the Fantasy Flight Games published Beta book for Edge of the Empire. And I'm really feeling the urge to give it away.

So we're going to have a little "contest". Long-time listeners to the Order 66 Podcast are no-doubt aware of our listener bumpers: fan liners sent in, telling us "why they never listen to the Order 66 Podcast". The long-standing inside joke is that, despite our subscriber numbers, "no one ever listens". When we're fortunate enough to get a developer or celebrity on the show, they sound off with "I'm so-and-so, and I never listen to the Order 66 Podcast." But the best ones take this formula and add to it, ad-libbing, and adding humor before and after. "I'm so-and-so, and I never listen to the Order 66 Podcast, because [insert awesomesauce here]…", etc.

So I want YOU to send in some bumpers! Get creative, GamerNation, and you will be rewarded! Please email all submissions to [email protected], in the format of an MP3 or WAV file. This contest will last until November 15.

The BEST one (as determined by GM Dave's and my own sense of whimsy) will be rewarded. I will ship to the winner the aforementioned copy of the beta book and sticker sheet (and if you want… we'll even sign it). Sadly, I'm not the wealthiest man in the world, and since I'm paying out of my own pocket, I can only afford to ship this within the U.S. But if you ARE an international listener - don't let that stop you from joining in the fun and giving us a bumper of your own!

Now go! Go and make some funny! And stay tuned for more announcements about the "new" Order 66 Podcast.

Peace, Love, and Good Gaming,
GMC

Happily, the Order 66 now has a new google voicemailbox, which you can call into from any phone to leave your bumper! So feel free to do that as well, by simply giving us a call at 262-d20radio (262-320-7234) .

Keep 'em coming! happy.gif

Personally, I can say that I am really excited that the Order 66 podcast is switching to EotE. You guys do a great job. The most recent cast regarding how to incorporate pirate themes into a Star Wars campaign was superb. Keep up the good work.

Now I just need to come up with a good bumper …

Alright, folks. It's seems we're getting a LOT of new listeners from accross the pond. And I've gotten more than one PM/email from a fans in Europe and Australia expressing, "Man! No shipping overseas???"

So… I talked to my co-host - and we crunched all the potential shipping costs - and we're gonna split it. So I'm happy to say that this contest now extends to listeners overseas!

If you can read this - and you want to send us a bumper - you've got a chance to win a free copy of the beta! gran_risa.gif

Only a few days left in this competition, folks! And we've upped the ante, ever so slightly.

The winner will recieve (shipped to them, anywhere in the world) a free copy of the Beta Book and TWO dice sticker sheets! (Happened to get my hands on an extra one.)

So send us your bumpers and tell us why you never listen to the Order 66 Podcast! Email them to [email protected] or just leave them as a voice mail on the d20radio line, 262-d20radio (262-320-7234).

Good luck!