Star Wars Pawns PLEASE!!

By javpra, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

I'm this is not the right place for this let me know where I can move it to. I would pledge service to the Empire if we could get some Star Wars pawns like the ones Paizo has for Pathfinder. (sorry to name drop the competition). paizo.com/products/btpy8tj5

I'm hoping for a full on Minitures battle game like Warhammer 40k…

There are literally hundreds of Star Wars Miniatures from the now-defunct Wizards of the Coast game. Go on e-bay or to a FLGS and look for Star Wars minis.

There's this new battle figure game involving balls rolled across the playfield that has nice 3/4" tall, somewhat chunky, minifigs.

It's not like the RPG makes any use at all of figurines nor even of tokens in any mechanical method. It doesn't even give solid advice on how to use them, merely that they can be used to represent positions.

The WarHammer RPGs are so simple because you can just use WarHammer models, but the WotC miniatures are really good substitutes and relatively cheap (not as cheap as other out of print mini games but oh well). The range covers a wide scope of eras and figure types with a lot of minis that would be suitable for player characters (barring some alien choices like Bothans and Gands). It definately has a wide range of neat aliens that one would hope make an appearance in the books officially but are easy to fudge for now.

I just snagged a lot on eBay that had a handful of basic Stormtroopers, some Rodians, and a very neat looking Twi'lek scumlord type of guy for about $5.

Not to mention WotC also had its own miniature game for Star Wars ships that one could use if the X-wing miniatures are too rich for the blood.

I'd like to see Pawns as well. Granted, yes there are a bunch of minis out there from the old WotC metal and plastic days (of which I have some), but I've been enjoying the Pathfinder Pawns that they've produced. Not only are they easy to use, they're a bit more affordable, easy to store, and easy to assemble. Honestly, I find it easier to buy a Bestiary Box over tracking down and paying a fortune for the metal minis, or paying some ridiculous prices for the plastic ones (especially if you need a rare figure for your adventure). Sign me up for EotE Pawns :)

WEG did miniatures wargaming for Star Wars. IIRC it was not a resounding success. A few people have done mass combat home-brew games, but I suspect that the market interest is slim enough that you won't see a fully supported product line.

aramis said:

It's not like the RPG makes any use at all of figurines nor even of tokens in any mechanical method. It doesn't even give solid advice on how to use them, merely that they can be used to represent positions.

It also doesn't give advice on how to shoot Magic Missiles. That's understandable since it's not d20 D&D.

Pg. 4 Beginner's Adventure Book. "Players can place these tokens on the table or on the included game map to inidcate where each character is during a given scene".

Pg. 12 Beginner's Adventure Book."You can use character tokens to roughly indicate where each character is on the map, and to estimate ranges between characters. Since the system is abstract, rough estimates are normally all that is required".

Yes, even in the Beginner Game, it gives advice how to use the tokens. Not really needed, but it does. You use the tokens just like you do minis in any other RPG - to tell you where someone is. What it doesn't do is give advice on how to move the tokens using a hex system. That's good, because again it's not d20 D&D and thus there IS no hex system.

I am likely to use the x wing ruler for most maps for range bands and movment but even there there will be a fair bit of fudgeing distances. I'm tempted to use an attena so I can adjust the range bands acording to the map. the ruler is mostly so players have a better idea of what they can acomplish in a round. without a ruler players wonder what they can do each round.

As for pawns. you can pair the tokens in the basic game with FFG stands http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/productdetails.cfm?sku=FFS32 if you want. be sure that FFG is working of a ground scale combat game and will likely have their own minitures avilable for it in time. i hope they get Dust Studios to do the minitures for that :)

As for space ships, good glory i love X-Wing and it's minitures. the game is good enough on it's own. using the minis for Role play will be a decadent extra.

Demonic Devill said:

said:

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=star+wars+miniatures

100's to choose from. Dirt cheap and you can get singles.

Does this site deliver to the UK? I would love to buy the minis as and when I need them and/or is there any other sites that sell Star Wars Minis as singles?

Yes. Miniature Market do deliver to the UK but you may want to put in a large order because postage can be £5-£8 to the UK.

ugavine said:

Demonic Devill said:

said:

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=star+wars+miniatures

100's to choose from. Dirt cheap and you can get singles.

Does this site deliver to the UK? I would love to buy the minis as and when I need them and/or is there any other sites that sell Star Wars Minis as singles?

Yes. Miniature Market do deliver to the UK but you may want to put in a large order because postage can be £5-£8 to the UK.

Ok cool thanks Ugavine ill keep that in mind when I place an order

More Pawns please, they are realy handy and good looking.

Norn said:

More Pawns please, they are realy handy and good looking.

I'm sorely tempted to pick up a second beginner box (head hangs low).

aramis said:

That's not an entirely bad thing Aramis. At least your players will be able to use the spare Rulebook or the references on the back of both the Rulebook and Adventure Book

Demonic Devill said:

aramis said:

That's not an entirely bad thing Aramis. At least your players will be able to use the spare Rulebook or the references on the back of both the Rulebook and Adventure Book

aramis said:

Demonic Devill said:

aramis said:

I want it for more destiny and more dice. But my FLGS is out already. My players went looking.

You could always try a gaming site I know of a few if you wanna try them?