which one?

By myfortune1423, in Wings of War

hello all. im thinking of buying wings of war ive heard nothing but great things about it, but i dont know if i should buy famous aces or burning drachens any suggestions?

thank you very much. one more question do you have to own the miniatures to play burning drachens or does it come with plane cards?

If you want variety, go for Burning Drachens. If you just want plane vs. plane dogfights, go for Famous Aces. If you are going to be getting minis, too, it depends a bit, as you need to have enough of the right damage decks for the planes you want to use. You can use all the minis from Series 1 with either FA or BD, though.

thank you. i dont really plan on using the minis but someday i might buy them for the heck of it :)

How can you resist the lure of little toy planes? To be honest they are what drew me into the game. I've even hunted down a 1/144 scale gotha for use in our games.

i just dont have the money.

i think the planes are really cool though

thank you everyone for all your help but i decided to get Wings of War Dawn of War

Sooo...which one did you get? WoW or DoW? ...W

Waclaw said:

Sooo...which one did you get? WoW or DoW? ...W

Obviously, Dawn of World War II as he says in his post.

If he lived in Europe, he should have gone for Wings of War DELUXE.

It comes with planes and all, but as he's not into planes he probably won't regret his choise.

One thing wich is a pitty about these forums is they don't show where someone is from.

That way it might be easier for others to give advise and possibly even tell you where to best get things from.

i wanted the planes i just couldnt get them and the game. happy.gif

and now since i got DoW because im not interested in WWI their minis dont come out till 2009

Any idea if Deluxe will ever hit North America?

Just by my own memory, if I was going to buy one game to start with, it would be Burning Drachens. It has all the rules, plus additions, and all the scenarios. I've got all three games but it's the BD rules that I carry around because it's all in there. One of the problems with collectables is that they become, um collectable, which means they become valuable to people who aren't interested in playing the game. I can't tell you why the deluxe game isn't available in English, but that's the way it is.

I rationalize it by saying that as long as it makes money for the publisher, it continues to fund new versions of the game and the planes. I hope. gui%C3%B1o.gif