Bacta (Litre)

By Cupcakus30, in Game Mechanics

The book doesn't cover what these are for, I'm running under the assumption that a Bacta Tank needs one litre of replacement fluid every hour of use. Was that the intention?

My group bought a bunch of these, and I don't think they have any use for them. They might be confused thinking that they are for healing without a tank.

Bacta would be used in a Bacta tank or in very small doses on patches, like how we put anti-bacterial cream on band-aids or gauze over wounds to help the wound heal. What they are really needing is a Medpac if they're wanting basic medical supplies for injuries.

Bacta tanks are used for more major wounds/diseases.

I don't have my EotE book with me but, Bacta tanks use to need 100 liters (I think) to operate, which came full for the cost. I can't remember how much bacta was used for each stint in the healing juices, but I'm sure it will need periodic replacment.

"It is commonly used in large tanks for total immersion, but can also be administered in pre-treated patches, injection, portable pouches, and even through direct consumption. While full-size bacta tanks are rare outside of major installations, some ships often have portable tanks, and most medpacs and field kits have bacta patches."

While one may think that the one liter bacta may do something on it's one, when you read the description of a medpack, stimpack etc, it states that the equipment includes bacta liquid as part of the ingredient that constitute the item which basically nullifies the idea that the bacta liquid could do something on it's own (since it's already cover with those item)...

Therefor the only thing I could see usage for is replenish the tank....whether from usage or if it was broken and lost part of it's liquid....