Gun Cutter Floor Plans!

By Luke Bardy, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

Hello there,

I've spent months and months trawling the internet and every forum that I can think of, looking for pictures of a gun cutter and my vain hope was that I would hopefully find some floor plans.

Needless to say I didn't really find that many pictures or ANY floor plans at all. My solution, instead of complaining and asking if anyone else has had better luck (which after searching the web for months doesn't seem to be the case. I decided to do my own. Taking some inspiration from the higaran interceptor from the homeworld 2 video game, which looks like this for those who don't know, (its also roughly gun cutter sized if you know where to ask)

newindicopy7ew.jpg

INterceptortechpic.jpg

images.jpg

And from these pictures and someones line diagram that I can no longer Find I came up wit the following (credit where credit is due though, I used some old star wars deck plans that I had lying around on an old Hard drive, I have no idea where they came from so if someone could help me out I would really like to credit the original artist, I've simply rearranged some pieces on a page.)

inquisitionpinnace-1.png

Hopefully someone will find it of some use. I'm sure my players will when we get that far, I'll post some stats when I have them worked out.

Right click and view image on the large picture at the bottom and that should fix the problem of seeing it all (its rather a large picture)

regards

Luke

I like it, like it alot Luke gran_risa.gif cool.gif

Ive also recently come up with another set of floor plans but for this I adjusted the line drawing of a thunderhawk gunship (as found in the imperial armour book) to the correct scale for the internal pieces and went on from there. After all a pretty common consensus s that converted thunderhawks are the most often used form of gun cutter as opposed to the large pinnace type craft I designed earlier.

As I've had messages from a couple of people on other forums Im opening up to request for floor plans buildings, ships etc (just small ships please no requesting an entire frigate.

guncutter2.png

Enjoy

Those are great!

If you're up for requests, you can always start off with more standard type buildings that come up often in games! Like say, a Manufactorium, followed by an Imperial church- a noble's manor's wing [the entire thing would be too huge], stuff like that :P

Well done

I would like to see a Arbite's Holding Station

or more starships!!

cool.gif

Awesome floor plans! Looking forward to using them. I second the idea about making floor plans for buildings.

Edited by cypherx32

The constantin pattern gun cutter is massive!

I do have a recommendation and remove the seating. Or if you will have seating have it on the walls and one central pylon.

The current positions are not conducive for an assault.

Also cargo space is not necessary. Have a look at the C-130 and how it uses its cargo space.

Very little weaponry for anything but a civilian transport.

Not enough storage!

Any armoury would be on the top deck, instead of the lower deck.

You may also want to have a survival pack which is accessible from inside/outside.

cargo%20bay5.jpg

Edited by Chrysalis

My chief concern is the airlock. There's no room in it. Airlocks have to be big enough to fit a few people into. One inner door, and one outer door with space in between so that the ship's inner sections are never exposed to outside air/lack thereof.

Eisenhorn's thunderhawk... Err gun cutter, never seemed to be kitted out as an assault vehicle. That seating is fine for just moving people from place to place if you want to move a lot of them. I am assuming the whole lower deck is similar to those SUVs that allow you to fold and or move seats around to suit your current needs.

Yay, in the future of grim dark someone remembered to pack a BATHROOM! Amazing!

Hi there,

if you want to spend a buck or two for your plans I woudl advise to take a look at the products of the Future Armada line
over at drivethrurpg.com.

The line includes a lot of ships with a size that would match a cutter or shuttle. I own a couple of them and used them as handouts for my Players so that they get a Picture.

Of course, this makes the most sense if the ship (or type of ship) would be encountered a Little more often (if you spend a bug on it, you want to have something out of it).