Looking forward to seeing schedule and looking for advice on what to focus on

By xuzuthor, in Arkham Nights 2012

This will be my first Arkham Nights, and I'm looking forward to seeing the schedule of events. I cheated a bit by looking at last years schedule of events.

I was wondering what others have done when they go. Do you playtest a lot? Do you bring your copy of a game and play with your group? Should I bring my games with? Do you play with random people?

(Note that I do not play the LCG else I'd obviously know to bring my deck with me - I play the other games though - Elder Sign, Arkham Horror, and Mansions of Madness - although technically I only own Mansions and haven't played it yet)

Any advice or tips would be useful. I will be getting to the area on Thursday night so I'll be able to be there the entire time if I chose to.

Thanks.

Yay! Schedule has posted. (see news)

Don't really need to bring anything other than a silver Sharpie pen. Everyone is pretty nice and basically FFG will set up a lot of game both in main Even Center and the gaming hall next door. You just walk in and sit down at a game or if people are already sitting there ask if there is a spot open.

There is not so much playtesting unreleased product, however last year without any prior announcement they had a beta of Elder Sign: Omens that you could try out on a few iPads they had around.

I think my basic advice is just to jump in and be enthusiastic about whatever you are playing AND play as much stuff as possible. I know the CoC the LCG is quite good so since you've not played it maybe concentrate on that. Also I've play a little be of the Fiasco system so if you like RPGs then its a fun one to try out.

Thanks for the advice, especially so now I know that I don't have to lug around my Arkham Horror/Mansions/Elder Sign collection. I still plan to bring them all, but mostly just because I'm getting in on Thursday night so I may play a game on Friday before the event.