How many weeks of Beta?

By Sturn, in General Discussion

So when should I start printing out the Beta updates and gluing them in my book? I was going to wait a bit so I didn't repeat the process over and over. Are we looking at 10 weeks? 20 weeks?

Sturn said:

So when should I start printing out the Beta updates and gluing them in my book? I was going to wait a bit so I didn't repeat the process over and over. Are we looking at 10 weeks? 20 weeks?

Well, on the main page for EotE Beta, they say the deadline for feedback is December 1st. So I figure we've got another 8 or so weeks of updates to look forward to.

i must say that i'm impressed. this is no beta in name only. FFG really are prepared to significantly alter the system. the genuinely appear to be listening to the feedback. would love to see a behind the scenes article/doco on the process.

New Zombie said:

i must say that i'm impressed. this is no beta in name only. FFG really are prepared to significantly alter the system. the genuinely appear to be listening to the feedback. would love to see a behind the scenes article/doco on the process.

I'll +1 to that. If I wasn't already a massive lover of FF products and convinced of their desire to make high quality rpg products, then this beta process would convince me. As it stands, it's only made me love them even more. ;)

But seriously, it's great to see the large changes that are being made in response to people's feedback. If absolutely nothing else it certainly makes it feel like the beta was a worthwhile purchase.

I hope they don't go too far and change stuff based on just a couple fans complaining about it. Lots of thought was put in this game, I don't want them to change something that is NOT broken just because someone whined.

For example (not taking sides here) some disliked skill bloat and now we no longer have Surveillance. We are now hearing some wishing Surveillance was still included. What if it was a better idea to keep Surveillance over all, but now it's too late. I'm just using Surveillance as an example, I'm on the fence whether it should stay or go.

Sturn said:

I hope they don't go too far and change stuff based on just a couple fans complaining about it. Lots of thought was put in this game, I don't want them to change something that is NOT broken just because someone whined.
do

We'll all inevitably have our own lists of changes that make us (individually or with backup vocals) go " oh man they really puggled the trodd on that rules changeā€¦splitters !" The silver lining there is that we'll still have access to the Beta and the update documents. So we'll have a headstart on where we want to go with any houserules :-)

Party on dudettes and dudes

Armenius Orson Carrick said:

I'll +1 to that. If I wasn't already a massive lover of FF products and convinced of their desire to make high quality rpg products, then this beta process would convince me. As it stands, it's only made me love them even more. ;)

But seriously, it's great to see the large changes that are being made in response to people's feedback. If absolutely nothing else it certainly makes it feel like the beta was a worthwhile purchase.

Definitely seconding that. The speed and visibility with which changes are being made is definitely an impressive thing, and raises my hopes of a final product that really reflects the greatness that Star Wars deserves.