Lucius-pattern?

By The Russian, in Only War Beta

Getting a Death Korps campaign going, and I think it would be appropriate to use the Lucius-patter lasgun and shotguns that the Korpsmen carry. Now correct me if I am wrong but I think fluff says the lasgun is more powerful and this the charge pack is expended after 25 shots. And the shotgun fires 8 rounds out of a revolving cylinder. Easy enough, shotgun anyway.

How about the lasgun, how would you stat that out? I'm thinking to just keep it set on the overcharge setting and limiting the ammo.

So: 100m; S/3/-; 1d10+4 E; Pen 0; 25 clip; Full rld; Reliable; 4kg; Common

The Shotgun would just follow the standard shotgun rules…perhaps a combat shotgun with a lower ammo capacity?

The Russian said:

Getting a Death Korps campaign going, and I think it would be appropriate to use the Lucius-patter lasgun and shotguns that the Korpsmen carry. Now correct me if I am wrong but I think fluff says the lasgun is more powerful and this the charge pack is expended after 25 shots. And the shotgun fires 8 rounds out of a revolving cylinder. Easy enough, shotgun anyway.

How about the lasgun, how would you stat that out? I'm thinking to just keep it set on the overcharge setting and limiting the ammo.

So: 100m; S/3/-; 1d10+4 E; Pen 0; 25 clip; Full rld; Reliable; 4kg; Common

The Shotgun would just follow the standard shotgun rules…perhaps a combat shotgun with a lower ammo capacity?

If memory serves, the Lucius-pattern is meant to be slower-firing than more common patterns - the higher-powered shot means the barrel heats up faster, so the rate of fire is limited to prevent the weapon misfiring due to overheating.

Understandable. So S/2/- or likely S/-/- would be more appropriate, I'd guess.

I'd say S/2/- would be reasonable.

So that's a pretty solid standard weapon, perhaps not quite as good as the M36 (same damage on overcharge, faster firing, and more ammo)… possibly balance that out with a range bonus or perhaps a trait… perhaps an upgrade? Accurate, home materials, or reinforced?

According to…Imperial Armor 3 I think, it's actually described as being single-shot. So S/-/- would be best.

Lucius Pattern/No. 98 Lasgun; Basic, 120m, S/-/-, 1d10+4E, Pen 1, Clip 25; Reliable, 4kg; Common

Very nice! I haven't been able to read the IAs. Many thanks!