Parasite

By Kristian_108, in Android: Netrunner Rules Questions

”Install Parasite only on a rezzed piece of ice. Host ice has -1 strength for each virus counter on Parasite and is trashed if its strength is 0 or less.”

So if a piece of ICE has Parasite played on it and I reduce the strength of that ICE e.g. with Datasucker, Wyrm or Ice Carver to zero, the ICE is thrashed?

:-)

Kristian_108 said:

”Install Parasite only on a rezzed piece of ice. Host ice has -1 strength for each virus counter on Parasite and is trashed if its strength is 0 or less.”

So if a piece of ICE has Parasite played on it and I reduce the strength of that ICE e.g. with Datasucker, Wyrm or Ice Carver to zero, the ICE is thrashed?

:-)

Yes, it is. And so is Parasite, because it is hosted on it.

Thank you. Man, Anarchs just became a lot more interesting :-)

Another question about parasite:

Since it's hosted on the corp's ICE, does it count against the runner's memory limit?

I noticed the FAQ says that you can't host it in a Djinn since it's hosted on the ICE already, which implies that it doesn't count against the runner's memory.

"Programs are the only card type that have a memory cost.
The memory cost of his installed programs can never exceed his
current memory limit."

The rulebook doesn't make a distinction about where your memory-using cards live, only that they are installed. Parasite counts against you.

Bummer. The news is even worse coming from Gaius Baltar.

photogasm said:

Bummer. The news is even worse coming from Gaius Baltar.

I know! It's far too easy to imagine him being quite disappointed in you for not knowing the answer. It happens to me too.