WINTER IS COMING - UK GRAND EVENT at GTG GAMES (November)

By FatbastUK, in 3. AGoT Organized Play

NuFenix said:

I will pass this along to everyone I know playing Martell in melee, which is far too many :(

Which is why this was decided - we took 2 down today and showed Ed what it does - and they were generic martell decks that just had 3 scourge / 3 hellholdt and no other real shenanigans - I think the choice was made just after myself and the other martell deck lowered the cost of our first Unique, MIL icon, POW icon, INT icon and Martell card played by 100 and then did it again and again and again and again…

Amusingly that game was not won by either Martell deck but by the Bara HoD that fetched Iron Throne - NO icons on ANYTHING for 15 turns - Iron Throne the winner :)

I know the answer's likely to be that it'll end when it ends, but are there any clues on when this is going to finish? Having major difficulties sorting out travel for the event. If you can guarantee it's done by 7:30pm that'd be really, really useful!

I'm sure when I rang them a couple of weeks ago they said finish time around tenn'ish Wamma. Its hard to nail a down a time though.

Sorry, ignore last post. Just spoke to Eddie and there aiming for 7:30 finish. Roughly speaking…

A great day was had at our Winter Is Coming event. 31 attendees took to the field in our mixed format (two Melee rounds, three Joust and a top 4 cut) and the winner that emerged was Jeff Greening.

Dan Knight deserves a mention having gone the whole event without a loss only to lose to a player in the cut who he had beaten previously. Both ran a version of the Worlds deck so it was always going to be who broke the combo out first.

I hope the guys will post tournament reports!