These Comic Book Style Battle Reports Will Blow Your Mind

By crimzonteerz, in X-Wing Battle Reports

Now that's how a battle report should be done!

-DavicusPrime

I have that program ans use it for my FOW raiding reports. Hmm, will have to make some X Wing ones now.

Those are amazing just found them through facebook post by FFG.

They are totally wicked! I'm still laughing at 'Leia we need to talk'.

It would be awesome to try that myself, but I just don't have the time. It would be a great way to do battle reports, though.

I hate to be "that guy," but I was a little bothered about the Y-wing using Ion Cannon Turret at range 2. But I understand we're all pretty new at this game, and still getting the hang of the rules.

My FAVORITE part is his opening maneuver sequence for the Rebels. It looks awesome! And the Rebels won both times, so it may be worth giving a shot.

Bah! He lost me at EVIL galactic empire. More rebel scum propaganda…

:devil:

Parakitor said:

I hate to be "that guy," but I was a little bothered about the Y-wing using Ion Cannon Turret at range 2. But I understand we're all pretty new at this game, and still getting the hang of the rules.

I'm not seeing the issue, doesn't the ion cannon card have range 1-2 written on it?

Kudzu said:

Parakitor said:

I'm not seeing the issue, doesn't the ion cannon card have range 1-2 written on it?

Ah! How embarrassing! You are absolutely right. I don't actually own the Y-wing yet, so I was just basing my comment on what I've read from the forums. Somehow I got the impression that it was only usable at range 1. If that were so I could understand why people say it's useless. But being a Range 1-2 weapon means I can't see how so many people can claim that it's lame.

Parakitor said:

But being a Range 1-2 weapon means I can't see how so many people can claim that it's lame.

The main reason people don't like it is because they see this little fact and discard it as under powered: Only deals one damage.

Me thinks this is more a matter of folks who haven't used it or faced it being used well. Its not a kill weapon, it's a harassment weapon used to disrupt your opponent's attack coordination. The fact that it adds a damage is really just a side benefit.

-DavicusPrime

plus, one damage on an X-wing isn't great, but one on a TIE is strong when you kill their maneuver for the next round.

If the Imps ever get an Ion Cannon wielding ship, those rebs will learn to appreciate what it can do… Locking someone like wedge into a single straight move would set him up for serious pain if you could follow it up with a 2-3 TIEs coming in at it's sides and would give anyone in his sights time to get out of dodge.

-DavicusPrime

No 'if', Slave 1 has Ion cannon.

gran_risa.gif

I was sort of hoping they may make Gunships from the X-wing/Tie Fighter computer game since these would be Ion gun loaded ships for the imps.

Oh, and these Battle Reports were A W E S O M E!!!!!!

Parakitor said:

Kudzu said:

Parakitor said:

Ah! How embarrassing! You are absolutely right. I don't actually own the Y-wing yet, so I was just basing my comment on what I've read from the forums. Somehow I got the impression that it was only usable at range 1. If that were so I could understand why people say it's useless. But being a Range 1-2 weapon means I can't see how so many people can claim that it's lame.

Woah! I thought it was only range 1 as well. I guess it's because I figured early on that at range 2-3 I'd fire torpedoes, so ion cannons would only see use at range one. But range 2-3 in 360 degrees is awesome! I'll have to give my Y-wings a second chance.

Not Range 3, just Range 1-2.

magadizer said:

Not Range 3, just Range 1-2.

Yeah, right. I was typing fast, lunch was almost over, and the backspace thing was killing me! Sorry for the typo.

No, you are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor! Stop spreading your propaganda!

Well, I guess it could have been a typo.

These are amongst the best battle reports I have ever seen.

Awesome!!!!

Number one takeaway from that report (and from my personal experience): Biggs is freaking great. If used properly, he just completely torpedoes any attack plans your opponent may have. Wedge and Luke parked right in front of an enemy TIE? Not a problem--that Imperial is going to be shooting at the sacrificial lamb all the way in the back of the formation.