Mutant Chronicles Tournament at GEN CON Paris 2009

By Coral Beach, in Mutant Chronicles

Hello,

I'm proud to announce the organisation of a Tournament at the GEN CON Paris 2009 (renamed Salon du jeu de société this year). This event will take place at the following adress the april, 25 and 26 ( http://www.gencon.fr/index.php ). This is a partnership between me and Edge France.

Salon du Jeu de Société
Palais des congrès "Paris Est Montreuil"
128 rue de Paris
93100 Montreuil
France

The Tournament itself will take place the saturday afternoon.

• 1h45 PM - Checking of the different armies
  • 2h00 - 3h15 PM - First game
  • 3h30 - 4h45 PM - Second game
  • 5h00 - 6h15 PM - Third game
  • 6h30 PM - Price rewarding

The army format will be 7/7/7 army with use of all victory zones and victory zone tokens like in Tournament rules. The victory threshold will be 21 points. I hope the 1h15 delay will suffice.

After each game, the players register the Tournaments points gained (inspired from League achievement grid) :

• Win with a pure faction army (only units from one faction) : 10 Tournament points
  • Win with a multi-faction army (units from several factions) : 7 Tournament points
  • Destroy an enemy unit from 8 or more spaces away - 1 Tournament points
  • Destroy an enemy with an adjacent (melee) attack - 1 Tournament points
  • Hold more victory zones than an opponent at the end of a game - 2 Tournament points
  • Destroy an enemy unit with a guard attack - 2 Tournament points
  • Destroy an ennemy unique character - 3 Tournament points
  • Have an allied unique character survive the entire game - 3 Tournament points
  • Have all your units survive the game - 5 Tournament points

The winner will be the player with the better score cumulated during the three games. The price rewards will be furnished by Edge distributor (MC war packs).

Proxies will be autorized but only with MC figures of the same rank (by example, a Venusian Ranger Kapitan for replacing a missing Ranger Commander in a pure Capitol army). Promotionnal cards will be forbiden. Photocopied cards under blisters will be autorized for players who want select several copies of the same command card.

Wow! Congratulations for the tournament! Photos and reports after the event, please babeo.gif

I won't forget. Maybe some photos of the Edge Team too ...

Good luck with the tournament! Sounds like it's gonna be a blast. happy.gif

Normal ! Only Cybertronic run the best tournaments. cool.gif

Despite the gameline interruption, the Tournament is confirmed in two weeks (with full support from Edge). The prize will be a mix of Nikodemus, Karak and Ice golem boosters. Edge will sell MC boosters at -50% discount at this event. I hope to have received the Lost Legions packs before this date (I've purchased three of them yesterday).

I will be there! And I may grab some of the discounted packs ;o)