Let's Talk Bounty Hunters

By Chris Brady, in General Discussion

OK, so I got to play in a demo as a beta tester, and I made a Droid Bounty Hunter-Assassin (And yes, I named him HK-51), however as I was looking through the book, I noted that there was a Gadgeteer version, not to mention, a slew of weapons and upgrades in the gear section. So I thought, "Hey, I wonder if I can make a Boba Fett clone, or something."

You know, man clad in a suit with a slew of weapons built into it. Anti-Personel rockets, wrist mounted flame projectors, rail shots/dart launchers. But nothing.

So I'm left wondering will there ever be a book or section in a book detailing what we can do to mimic it? I mean, Boba and Jango Fett couldn't have been the only ones with a fetish for bolting weapons onto their protective gear. Right?

This sort of additional mods/ equipment etc.. screams supplement material to me.

There are bases that you could make your own home grown stuff from, but I doubt there will be anything like this out of the box

Chris Brady said:

So I thought, "Hey, I wonder if I can make a Boba Fett clone, or something."

You know, man clad in a suit with a slew of weapons built into it. Anti-Personel rockets, wrist mounted flame projectors, rail shots/dart launchers. But nothing.

So I'm left wondering will there ever be a book or section in a book detailing what we can do to mimic it? I mean, Boba and Jango Fett couldn't have been the only ones with a fetish for bolting weapons onto their protective gear. Right?

There probably will. Most "big box" RPG publishers never give you the full pie in the initial book, as they want to save material for the inevitiable supplements that will be released after the corebook.

So while you may not be able to fully replicate the Fetts with the Beta book, or even the finalized version, I'd be greatly surprised if one of the first few supplements is an Arms & Equipment guide, as gamers are well known for loving new toys to outfit their characters with.

Donovan Morningfire said:

Chris Brady said:

So I thought, "Hey, I wonder if I can make a Boba Fett clone, or something."

There probably will. Most "big box" RPG publishers never give you the full pie in the initial book, as they want to save material for the inevitiable supplements that will be released after the corebook.

So while you may not be able to fully replicate the Fetts with the Beta book, or even the finalized version, I'd be greatly surprised if one of the first few supplements is an Arms & Equipment guide, as gamers are well known for loving new toys to outfit their characters with.

This is what I'm hoping. After all, if nothing else, the Bounty Hunter: Gadgeteer and Technician; Outlaw Tech need more toys to do things with. I hope that a Dev posts something about that soon enough, though. Would be nice to see a 'timeline' for potential products.

Chris Brady said:

This is what I'm hoping. After all, if nothing else, the Bounty Hunter: Gadgeteer and Technician; Outlaw Tech need more toys to do things with. I hope that a Dev posts something about that soon enough, though. Would be nice to see a 'timeline' for potential products.

I imagine we'll see more of a product timeline once we get closer to the release date of EotE's finished version.

I didn't may much attention to FFG's release schedule for WFRP3e or WH40K lines, so maybe somebody that has can chip in on roughly how far out FFG tends to announce when future RPG products will be released once the core book/set has been released.

I can't speak for all their products, but they are usually pretty good about keeping players abreast of what is coming out.

Most of the "new" releases I have seen, have some follow-up products announced within a month of the first release. (Kinda like how the Beginners Box was announced after Beta was released.). That said, I have never seen them announce something that was farther then a quarter out. (not saying they don't, just that I, and the games I follow, haven't been purvey to it).

Sometimes they will drop hints for things farther out (or their vision of where things are going) in the blogs, or sometimes tell you flat out that they are working on X, but they will not give you hard dates for anything in those blogs, just that it is in progress.

Hope it helps.