Crit Hit Cards with "Action" on it

By magadizer, in X-Wing Rules Questions

On the Weapon Malfunction and Damaged Sensor Array and a few other cards, there is a section marked "Action:"

Does this mean that you do that instruction as your action move for the round, so that you cannot do another action? Unless you are Vader or have a bonus action)

Thanks for any replies.

magadizer said:

On the Weapon Malfunction and Damaged Sensor Array and a few other cards, there is a section marked "Action:"

Does this mean that you do that instruction as your action move for the round, so that you cannot do another action? Unless you are Vader or have a bonus action)

Thanks for any replies.

No, you do not have to take that action. Just realize that unless you take that action, you will never have a chance to flip the card.

Roy

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't clear enough with my question. I meant, if you perform the "action" on the critical hit card, does that count as your Action for that turn? Ditto for Action statements on the Astromech upgrades?

magadizer said:

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't clear enough with my question. I meant, if you perform the "action" on the critical hit card, does that count as your Action for that turn? Ditto for Action statements on the Astromech upgrades?

Yes. You can normally only perform one action.

Actions on upgrade cards or damage cards are optional, along with the standard focus, lock target, evade and barrel roll actions. You have to pick just one per turn (Vader gets two, and other cards that convey free actions can give a single pilot 2 actions in one turn).

Thanks again for the replies. That seems like the clear explanation on reflection, but it wasn't immediately obvious. I didn't find a place in the rule book where it explicitly stated that optional actions for the action round might be found on damage cards or on upgrade cards.

Thanks

magadizer said:

Thanks again for the replies. That seems like the clear explanation on reflection, but it wasn't immediately obvious. I didn't find a place in the rule book where it explicitly stated that optional actions for the action round might be found on damage cards or on upgrade cards.

Thanks

Check the Rule Book at the bottom of page 9 "Other Actions".

Roy

Thank you Roy, I knew there had to be a mention somewhere. It's not an extremely complicated set of rules, but it's a lot to absorb when you just want to get started diving in and playing! My impatience led me to overlook a couple of these details, and I couldn't seem to locate the relevant sentences at the time.

You pointing out that paragraph also cleared up a question about whether Vader could barrel roll twice at once. (Answer is obviously NO)

Thanks again!