Talents in the same specialization tree

By Azoulin, in Talents and Specialization Trees

Could someone clarify something for me?

The Errata mentions that if you pay for a non-ranked talent in one specialization, you don't have to pay for it again in a second specialization. But what if it appears more than once in your first specialization? Say the Smuggler with Grit twice? Or if you buy it once, you don't have to buy it again in any tree?

Thanks!

Azoulin said:

Could someone clarify something for me?

The Errata mentions that if you pay for a non-ranked talent in one specialization, you don't have to pay for it again in a second specialization. But what if it appears more than once in your first specialization? Say the Smuggler with Grit twice? Or if you buy it once, you don't have to buy it again in any tree?

Thanks!

Per page 93, Grit is a ranked talent. Keep on mind that the full rules for the talents are found in chapter 4, the talent trees are just a summary.

-EF

Awesome! I obviously overlooked that. Thanks EF!

Awesome! I obviously overlooked that. Thanks EF!

There is sort of an issue here though. Say someone gets Grit for 5 points. But then comes across Grit again for 15. Wouldn't it be possible to say that they already have Grit as long and not buy another rank and move on to the next talent in the chain? It almost seems like we have to have copies of each tree and mark the ones we possess that way there is no confusion where they come from.

Hi everyone,

If the talent is a ranked talent, you must always buy it on a talent tree; you can never count as having it. This is even if the talent is more expensive the second or third time around.