As a Servitor I don't want to confuse or lead the

players down the wrong path so I'm asking the

community here to set me straight. I expect to have

additional questions in the future but I'll start with this;

As far as the icon struggles are concerned, what actions

can be taken in the midst of these struggles? In my meta we have

always allowed Disrupts during the struggles but Responses and

Forced Responses must wait until the window immediately following

the struggles. Of course Actions cannot be taken during the struggles.

Is any of this consistent with the way the you are playing?

Opps. I've already thought of another question!

This is pertaining to deckbuilding for the Adventure League senario 'Heads Of Fate'.

Do either of your factions (primary or allied) have to match your Faction Head?

The wording is a little confusing. The ability to switch up your allied faction from game to game,

is this unique to the 'Heads Of Fate' senario or will this be possible in the Leagues as a whole?

Disrupts and Forced Responses resolve during sequences in green boxes (cf rules p.13).

So during struggles Disrupts can be played and Forced Responses must be played immediately.

Hybrid said:

Opps. I've already thought of another question!

This is pertaining to deckbuilding for the Adventure League senario 'Heads Of Fate'.

Do either of your factions (primary or allied) have to match your Faction Head?

The wording is a little confusing. The ability to switch up your allied faction from game to game,

is this unique to the 'Heads Of Fate' senario or will this be possible in the Leagues as a whole?

Your primairy faction needs to match your Faction Head.

Thanks for your help Dadajef and Marius!

I think we'll draft Faction Heads so hopfully that will avoid most last minute deck building.

In addition a number of the participants are spliting there shared Core set and APs by faction so

it could be there will not be enough flexibility initially to make the match when randomly picking Faction Heads.

I am new to the game so I could be completely wrong on this point, but my friend and I have always completed the icon struggle first then we would resolve any disrupts. You have the ability to respond to the struggle (page 13 of the rule book).

tilton dobbs said:

You have the ability to respond to the struggle (page 13 of the rule book).

Yes, but only with a Disrupt or a Forced Responses .

For exemple, take Forest Sister CS F125 (Disrupt : Pay 1 to cancel a wound to Forest Sister), you lose the combat struggle and you choose Forest Sister to take a wound, she sould be destroyed but you can pay 1 to play her disrupt and save her. Then you resolve Arcane Struggle, etc...

Another exemple, Political Demonstration (Response : After you win an icon struggle by at least 2 icons, choose and destroy a support card). This card has a Response (not a disrupt or Forced Responces) so you CAN'T play it during struggles. You must wait the end of the resolution of all stories before to play Political Demonstration (during the white boxe "Response to struggle and succes results may be played" p. 13)

I would like to thank the participants for their contributions in this discusssion.

If I may impose once again I have a few more questions.

Story Cards;

#1 . Have we got an official ruling on 'Frozen in Time' yet?

"Each player must discard 2 cards from his deck for each resource

attached to one of his domains, or destroy that resource."

Which player chooses the domains?

#2 . Back during COCccg Worlds #2 the main development guy for the

game ruled that the effect of the Eldritch Story Card 'The Squalid Hamlet'

"Each player chooses one of his domains, then attaches the top

5 cards of his discard pile to that domain as resources, if able."

could not be triggered unless both players had 5 or more cards in their discard piles.

To start I'm not sure if this ruling was correct but it leaves me wondering about the

most current Story Card effects. If one of the players is unable to meet the requirements

can the effect be triggered?

#3 . Professor Albert Wilmarth,

"While Professor Albert Wilmarth is

commited to a story, that story card loses

an icon struggle of your choice"

When must/can the controller of this character make their 'choice'

of which icon struggle to remove? If it said "Action: When...."

it would be simple enough but as far as I can tell there has been no

eratta on PAW.

Another question.

In the 'Heads of Fate' Adventure League encounter the survival guide says

"In addition to the primary faction, each player can choose 1 other faction as an

allied faction, and use this faction as part of his card pool"

The use of the word 'other' seems to indicate a player cannot choose

the same faction to be both their primary and allied but the use of

the word 'can' seems to indicate that an allied faction is optional

and therefore a player could choose to play with a mono faction deck

in the league.

Is this correct?

It seems the questions are piling up.

In the 'ADVENTURE LEAGUE SURVIVAL GUIDE' in ENCOUNTER ONE: "HEADS OF FATE"

the faction head Hastur has an ability;

Lapse of Reason (Cost 1 currencey tokens) - Each time

you play a Madness event card, choose a character

controlled by an opponent. That character goes insane.

Then, shuffle the Madness event card back into your deck.

Does this ability function like a card in the respect that if the player can't accomplish the first part

(choose a character controlled by an opponent. That character goes insane) then the part that

follows 'then' (shuffle the Madness event card back into your deck) can not happen?

Since this is the fourth day for some of my questions to go unanswered

I guess I'll have to rely on my own instincts.

#1 Each player chooses their own domain.

#2 If only one player meets the requirements the effect can still be triggered.

#3 Eratta Professor Albert Wilmarth to say " Response: When...".

#4 The allied faction is optional and a player can choose to play a mono faction deck.

#5 The 'then' clause will be applied to the ability.

You have your responses :-)

Just for #2. Check for the clause "if able" in the text to know if the effect can't be triggered if one player is unable to meet the requirement. There is no story card with "if able" clause in the LCG's.

and #3 It's not a Triggering effect, it's a permanent effect, you can't cancel it for exemple, so leave Albert like that. It's not an errated card !!!

Dadajef said:

You have your responses :-)

and #3 It's not a Triggering effect, it's a permanent effect, you can't cancel it for exemple, so leave Albert like that. It's not an errated card !!!

Thank you for your responses.

So when is the choice made? When Albert comes into play it's controller chooses a struggle

and it remains as such or when Albert commits the controller chooses? Timing is our issue.

Not when he comes in play, but each time he is committed to a story you must remove an icon struggle of your choice. You can't choose to do or not to do it, you must do it.

Dadajef said:

Not when he comes in play, but each time he is committed to a story you must remove an icon struggle of your choice. You can't choose to do or not to do it, you must do it.

So immediately after the professor is commited his controller has to decide which struggle is removed?

Could for instance the controller make the decision later in the story phase after the opponent has counter commited?

As I explained from the begining this is a timing question.

Hybrid said:

So immediately after the professor is commited his controller has to decide which struggle is removed?

Yes

Hybrid said:

Could for instance the controller make the decision later in the story phase after the opponent has counter commited?

No,